• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated September 9, 2019 by Robert K.

Multiple Sites Replication.

• <p class=”x_MsoNormal”>Hello team,</p>
    <p class=”x_MsoNormal”>I have a question: about Zerto multiple sites replication:</p>
    <p class=”x_MsoNormal”>As the following scenario: replicate site <b>A</b> to Site <b>B</b>, then replicate Site <b>B</b> to Site <b>C</b>, is that possible?</p>
    <p class=”x_MsoNormal”>Ca we perform like above scenario? Assuming the active site is: A, B still passive , for our reasons we would like to do a replication from site B to Site C, meanwhile the replication from site A to Site B is going on.</p>

rewriting the question:

Hello team,
    I have a question: about Zerto multiple sites replication:
    As the following scenario: replicate site A to Site B, then replicate Site B to Site C, is that possible?
    Can we perform like above scenario?

Assuming the active site is: A, while B still passive , for our reasons we would like to do a replication from site B to Site C, meanwhile the replication from site A to Site B is going on. is that possible with Zerto?

thanks

Hi Ilona

Correct me if I am wrong. You’ d like protect a VM from Site A to Site B. Then the replication data (mirrors) should be replicated to site C.
    If it is the case, you can’t perform like that. Zerto protects VM and VM’s disks only.
    Here is our suggestion, please pair site A with Site B and C. Zerto has a funciton called one-many replication.
    You can protect a VM from Site A and replicating to Site B and C at the same time. Whether your licnese supports one-many function, please check with your account manager.
    For the one-to-many function, you can search for more information through our admin guidance:
    Best Regards
    Zerto Support

thank you for the reply

about pairing  site A with Site B and C, we have a limitation with the Linking, we need to get the full benefit of Link between A to B and B to C.

Zerto only replicates active VMs.  Replicated mirrors, in, Site B are not created, thus will not show up in the ZVM for replication.

As noted above, use Site A to Site B and Site C.

You must be logged in to create new topics. Click here to login