• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated December 2, 2019 by Mike S.

Multiple Lockdown Mode Events in ESXi hosts

• I see Change Lockdown Mode Events on my ESXi hosts every day post 12 AM EST which is basically testing ZVM connectivity to hosts. Is there any logging on the ZVM servers which can determine what is happening during lock down mode on the ESXi hosts. Does it do enable strict or Normal Lock down mode and later disable it on the hosts.

Hello Chandravardhan,

Mike from Zerto here. We actually recommend you disable Lockdown Mode on the ESXi hosts. I would recommend opening a Support case to investigate why you are getting such messages.

CHANDRAVARDHAN C

<h6>Hi Mike,</h6>
    <h6>We actually have ESXi lock down mode enabled in the environment. I opened case with Zerto support and as per them it is a routine process which ZVM uses to check health of VRA’s.</h6>
    <h6>My query is if we can determine nature of these lock down messages send by ZVM’s. Do they use Normal or Strict lock down mode on the ESXi’s while testing ZVM and VRA’s connectivity.</h6>
    <h6>Also wanted to know when lock down mode is enabled by Zerto, will it impact other service accounts functionality running 3rd party products, say like Backup.</h6>

Hello Chandravardhan,

As I am unsure of the nature of the Lockdown Mode message, I would again recommend opening a Support case to investigate why you are getting such messages.

You must be logged in to create new topics. Click here to login