• This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated May 24, 2022 by pgoodwin@bjs.com.

MS Server 2012 R2 Domain Controller to AWS

• Hello My Fellow Zertoites!

I am wondering if any of you would know or have been in my shoes when it comes to using Zerto to replicate/failover a Windows Server 2012 R2 Domain Controller from a vmWare environment – successfully.

I am currently working on doing just that, however I have to outcomes:

• Using AWS Import method fails – It flat out just fails. Doesn’t even go to a point of creating a EC2 instance.
    • Using zImport Method (Zerto Import for all volumes and Zerto Import for Data Volumes) – The EC2 instance creates and the system boots to a BSOD.
      • I managed to be able to get a screenshot on the AWS EC2 console of the Windows Server 2012 R2 having the BSOD with error code 0xc00002e2
      • After the system reboots, I get the “Continue, Troubleshooting, Turn Off Your PC” screen.
      • And since this is AWS, I have no ability to press a button or move a mouse to troubleshoot/continue.
      • The error code pertains to Active Directory Service not running – which is on a different volume.
      • Xen Drivers were installed.
      • I did this to another Domain Controller system and had the exact same result.
      • This is so far the only 2012 R2 system I had a problem working on a Fail Over Test.

Please let me know if you have any pointers/stories/methods.

-Patrick G.

Sr. IT Cloud Engineer for BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc. based in Westborough, MA.

Hi Patrick,

I just presented this to the product and engineering teams.  I will respond as soon as I hear back from them.

In the meantime, I suggest you open a ticket with support if this is affecting your business’ SLAs.

Stay tuned!

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the reply. I do have a support call (107189) in progress since the 19th of October for this particular one. I reaching out in the forums as mentioned on the ZCP Advanced course I am taking currently on myZerto University, to see if anyone had this kind of problem. Having a Domain Controller is key to a lot of folks out there to get systems using AD to authenticate services and such.

For anyone else – please feel free to chime in if you can.

Patrick G.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/pwgii/

Sr. IT Cloud Engineer for BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc. based in Westborough, MA.
You must be logged in to create new topics. Click here to login