• This topic has 5 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated November 7, 2022 by Ron.

Invalid Zerto Certs

• As part of my ZVM installations of 5u1 SCOM is alerting on invalid Zerto Certificates due to a partialchain.

I’ve installed our own trusted certs per Zerto procedures that allow for secure web interface access to the Zerto console. I don’t know why the Zerto install would be installing an invalid cert?

Body of SCOM alert
    <table>
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td width=”100%”>Additional comments:</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td width=”100%”>03-16-2017 07:07:53 PDT – Service SCOM (Additional comments)

The certificate is not valid. Reason:

PartialChain: A certificate chain could not be built to a trusted root authority.

Certificate Subject: CN=Zerto Inc., O=Zerto Inc., L=Boston, S=MA, C=US

Certificate Issuer: CN=DigiCert SHA2 Assured ID Code Signing CA, OU=www.digicert.com, O=DigiCert Inc, C=US

Serial number: 070C105A004E9308992FB761A4DEFB35

Store Name: Trusted Root Certification Authorities

Store Key: Root

Store Provider: SystemRegistry

Store Type: LocalMachine

Monitoring User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

Chain Details:

— Certificate Status —

PartialChain: A certificate chain could not be built to a trusted root authority.

</td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>

Hi Ron,

We’re looking into this but in the meantime, I recommend trying to reach out to support as they may have an easy and/or quick solution for you. You can either call, or submit a support ticket right from within the ZVR interface.

Thanks,

~Harry

Follow me: www.twitter.com/HarrySiii

Hi Ron,

Were you able to get this resolved with support?

Thanks,

Harry

Follow me: www.twitter.com/HarrySiii

Thanks for the reply, I’ve not had time for this. It would be good for the development team to look into why this cert gets added during install.

Ron

thanks for info

You must be logged in to create new topics. Click here to login