• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated June 6, 2019 by Justin N.

Hide VM's in VPG creation list

• Is there any way to hide VM’s from the VPG creation list to make it easier to sort through what needs to be added and machines that are unneeded?

Hi Jim – In the second step of creating a VPG where a user can select which unprotected VMs they wish to protect, there is a search option just above the VM selection window (please see the screenshot at number 3 at this link). When a user types in this search bar, it will filter the list of unprotected VMs below and only show the VMs that match the search criteria and hides the others. Have you used this option? — Justin

Thank you but I was wondering more about a way to hide machines from all searches because you do not want them protected but you also do not want to have to filter the list each time to figure out what has changed (adding machines, removing machines etc.)

Unfortunately there is not currently a way to do that out of the box. The only workaround I can think of with the existing software is to adjust the VMs so that they are no longer eligible for replication (so having them on hosts without VRA installed or adjust the VMs themselves so they are inelgible – there is a KB here outlining some of the reasons why a VM can be ineligible from replication: https://www.zerto.com/myzerto/knowledge-base/why-cant-i-select-a-vm-for-replication/ ) — Justin

You must be logged in to create new topics. Click here to login