• This topic has 7 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated June 21, 2023 by Chumba S.

Grain Pool

• While performing a VRA Target host operation I get the following error:

VPG col-pcs-col-vas-zt3 rollback failed. Error is: Grain pool size expected value 314572800 but was 354418688.

Now my only options are Force Sync or Delete for the VPG and Force Sync is not working. Any ideas or suggestions?

did u solve this?  i’m having same issue.

Steven,

I ended up deleting the VPG. The root issue was trying to use the preseed option and the names are not logical and I apparently picked the wrong one causing that error. Sometimes I think the go to thing is deleting the VPGs…

AH ok. I was just changing recovery hosts in order to do vmware patches and put them into maint mode, and a large server got this error. I had to do the same thing. Shame because it takes 3 days to replicate again.

Steven,

I also ran into the same issue with the delta/bitmap sync’ing taking a long time to catch up. I did find a fix that seemed to correct that. Support noticed a lot of “delete” in the log files and recommended the following:

I’m writing to follow up on case 117868. Here’s the summary I sent on May 14:

Our Development team is still working to determine the root cause of the issue. They’re seeing many messages like this for VPG col-pcs1-COL-EMPFS1-zt6:

DeleteCheckpointsInBatches,Failed to DeleteCheckpoints

That means that the ZVM produced checkpoints to its ShortTerm table and after that decided to delete them directly from the ShortTem (hard delete). However, the ZVM isn’t keeping up with the pace necessary to delete the checkpoints. This operation may be the reason of the write locks. In addition, no new checkpoints are being added because the operations are failing at the delete stage.

As a workaround, our Development team recommends the following steps:

1) Stop the ZVM services
    2) As Administrator, add the following line:

t_RepositorySettings_DeleteCheckpointsBatchSize = 20

To the following file:

C:Program FilesZertoZerto Virtual Replicationtweaks.txt

3) Restart the ZVM services

This will slow down the rate of checkpoint operations by reducing the number that are handled in one batch (the default is 250). Our Development team believes that this will allow the delete operations to catch up and then allow checkpoint insertions to progress.

Since I made the change I have not had any issues when we move VPGs and put our hosts into maintenance mode.

That may help you too.

In fact, there is no problem with hiring developers from Ukraine right now. I think anyone can do it, and that’s why I personally think it should be done now. There are a lot of advantages in it, I read an article about how to hire ukrainian developers and I understood why it is important and now I have many such employees outsourced and I am fully satisfied with their results so far. You could even say that they have exceeded expectations. Good luck.

How do I hire a dedicated software development team for a startup?
    I will try to keep the scope of this answer narrow around your specific question. But I think there are a few important questions you need to answer for yourself first.

I have seen a lot of companies get caught up in hiring a large team before achieving product-market fit or even before validating a prototype of their idea.

The allure of one’s own ideas can be powerful, so it’s important to keep that impulse in check and go through the necessary product/idea validation steps before scaling your team.

When launching a startup, finding a dedicated software development team can be a daunting task. I remember when we were in the early stages of our startup, we were in dire need of a reliable team. That’s when we stumbled upon www.visual-craft.com/our-services/dedicated-team/ Their dedicated team service was exactly what we needed. They provided us with a team of skilled professionals who were committed to our project, and it made a significant difference in our startup’s trajectory. If you’re in a similar position, their services might be worth exploring.

You must be logged in to create new topics. Click here to login