• This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated October 25, 2022 by shira.lang@hpe.com.

Function question

• 1. Is there a support direction for redundancy solutions using RDM? (RAC, ASM, VCS … etc)

2. If I change the redundancy solution using RDM to VMDK format (multi-writer) and create a VPG, can it be consistent?
    Wiriting occurs in different VMs by VMDK’s share method(I don’t expect)

3. Can I clone only the disks I want attached to the VM? OR Will the corresponding functions be supported in the future?

4. When the network between main site and DR site is broken, VRAs may not work properly, When the network is normal between the two sites, the VRA is automatically
    Shouldn’t it be normal?

Hello Shira,

Elad from Zerto here:

1. Is there a support direction for redundancy solutions using RDM? (RAC, ASM, VCS … etc)
    A: According to the following link, you can replicate Raw Device Mappings with Zerto:

Replicating Raw Device Mappings with Zerto

2. If I change the redundancy solution using RDM to VMDK format (multi-writer) and create a VPG, can it be consistent? Wiriting occurs in different VMs by VMDK’s share method(I don’t expect)
    A: Zerto does not support VMs with shared disks / multi-writer.

3. Can I clone only the disks I want attached to the VM? OR Will the corresponding functions be supported in the future?
    A. I’m not sure I understood the question. Can you clarify?
    Do you mean that you want to clone disks and replicate those disks to the DR site as well?

4. When the network between main site and DR site is broken, VRAs may not work properly, When the network is normal between the two sites, the VRA is automatically Shouldn’t it be normal?
    A: If the connection between the 2 sites is broken, then the VRAs won’t replicate data to the recovery site.
    Once the connection is restored, a sync should start to replicate the data that was not replicated during the disconnection.

You must be logged in to create new topics. Click here to login