• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated January 16, 2019 by Lukas H.

Flooding of "Refresh storage information" tasks

• hello there!

we have vSphere 6.5u2 running and upgraded from Zerto 6.0 to 6.5u2 recently.

after zerto upgrade there appear every minute about 5-10 tasks named “Refresh storage information” regarding datastores that are used for replication. With Zerto 6.0 there were none of this tasks flooding the “Recent Tasks” panel in the vSphere Web Client…

=> is this the new normal from Zerto 6.5 onwards and can theses tasks be hidden somehow that the “Recent Tasks” panel is no longer flooded?

thanks in advance,

lukas

Hello Lukas,

I’m having the same problem, but with vSphere 6.0 U3 and I just upgraded to Zerto 6.5 U2 yesterday. There’s presently another thread about this which has a workaround until Zerto can fix the known problem (which I believe is briefly documented in the Release Notes).

https://www.zerto.com/myzerto/forums/topic/refresh-storage-information/

The fix is towards the bottom in Ben A’s post.  It apparently doesn’t have any functional impact on the environment.  I’ve applied the fix and the messages have slowed way down for me (5 minutes has passed and still no refresh message).

Kind Regards,

Brett

***Edit***

It is now on a 5 minute cycle.

We are correcting this issue on the next update to ZVR 6.5 U3.  This update is planned to be released by the end of this month.

Amy Mitchell

Zerto Product Manager

thanks for your answers, i applied the quickfix until the next release.

cheers,

lukas

You must be logged in to create new topics. Click here to login