• This topic has 12 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated April 11, 2017 by Chris B.

ESXi 6.0 Update 3 support

• ESXi 6.0 Update 3 was released on or about Feb 24, 2017, how long will it be until Zerto 5.0 officially supports it?  I checked the release notes on ZVR 5.0 Update 3 (released 2 days ago) and don’t see it supported.

I do have a workaround from support so all seems fine, but was just wondering on the official support.

6.0 update 3 is officially supported and now appears in the compatibility tab under site settings in the Zerto web interface.

If your Zerto managers can call home you can check that, but should be all set. If 6.0u3 is not listed, or your zvm cannot call home, then you can just download the latest build of Zerto or call support and they will help you modify the supported versions config file.

Thanks Justin. I see if there now on 5.0 Update 1.  Do you know if any of the 4.5 versions support ESXi 6.0 U3?

I’ve updated from the Zerto_Virtual_Replication_VMware_Installer_5.0.21.2.zip and Zerto still cannot install VRA’s to the ESXi 6.0 U3 hosts.

Under the Site Settings/Supported Host Versions, it only goes up to ESXi 6.0 U2.

Any updates for this?

I am also in the same boat as Brett K. I just got the latest version of 6.0 from vmware, on a greenfield DR site, and the latest version of zerto and hit this error

I am also having the same issue. Downloaded the latest Zerto_Virtual_Replication_VMware_Installer_5.0.21.2 package.

Hey guys. The biggest thing that could keep you from getting the u3 “supported versions file” automatically is if zvm cannot call home.

ill put together a short how to and post it up on how to manually modify the file so that support for u3 is there.  I’ll reply to this thread as soon as I get time to put it together.

For anyone still having this issue and running the latest version of Zerto, open a Support Case right here on MyZerto and the Support team will help you modify the “supported versions” config file.

Also it is strongly recommended to check with all 3rd-party vendors like Zerto before upgrading to or installing any latest version of vSphere as like everyone in the 3rd-party solution ecosystem we do need a little time to validate our code, perform any updates required, etc.

Just an FYI – I was running v5.0 Update 1 and I did see support for ESXi 6.0U3. However, I upgraded my Zerto to v5.0 Update 2 Patch 1, and now I no longer see ESXi 6.0U3 as a supported host version.

-Edit the “supported_updates.txt” file (in the Zerto installation folder – From within the ZVM VM) such that the following string: “ESX_60 2” will be changed to “ESX_60 3”

Thats all

After the “supported_updates.txt” file is altered/updated is it necessary to restart the ZVM VM?

Hi Tim,

You don’t need to restart any service. ZVM will automatically refresh the list of supported products.

The following article describes all the steps: https://www.zerto.com/myzerto/knowledge-base/update-zvm-to-support-vsphere-releases-before-full-zvr-update/

Cheers,

Alicia

I just had a similar issue – I updated one of my ESXi 6 hosts to the latest build – 6.0 U3 Build 5224934 – and upgraded Zerto to the latest build of 5.0.21.2 then tried updating the VRA – it failed saying Unsupported ESXi Version. I then tried uninstalling and reinstalling the VRA and it succeeded and is happy. Next, I tried upgrading the VRA on a host that hadn’t had ESXi upgraded yet (it was on version 6.0 U3 Build 4600944) and it succeeded. Perhaps I missed a best practice by upgrading the VRA first, but that does make sense and I will upgrade the remaining VRAs prior to upgrading ESXi (now and in the future).

You must be logged in to create new topics. Click here to login