• This topic has 46 replies, 33 voices, and was last updated May 10, 2022 by Carlos C.

Driver I/O cache ran out of memory on host

• Just upgraded from 8.5.3 to 9.0 Update one and now one of our host is getting a alert message – : Driver I/O cache ran out of memory on host

. This may impair replication performance. Current I/O cache size: 96 MB. Last full I/O cache memory occurrence: 9 seconds ago. Full I/O cache memory has occurred 1 times in the last 9 seconds.

Not sure what to do

support gave me these steps

As was agreed, below you can see how you can disable these alerts if do not want to use that:

1. Run TweakTool as administrator.
    2. Go to VRA Tweaks Tab.
    3. Select related VRA.
    4. Click Add new tweak.
    5. In tweak name paste t_queryDriverAlerts
    6. Value = False
    7. Comment – case number.
    8. Click add.
    9. Click Apply.
    10. Reboot VRA.
    11. Check if the alert has gone from this VRA.

Here you can find the link for TweakTool:
    https://www.zerto.com/myzerto/tools/tweak-editor/?key=MEsvUXZLeklLNFJaOWdWNnJVL2hwN290N09ISWFGbkxCbTNTaEJIQmtwTDFyOXBqOXNTVlBuK2psRlN6bDN3T05oZ29BczNiS2RnZ2JrUW5UYnUySmc9PQ==&ver=8.0%20and%20up

I had an old tweak tool version and VRA tab was not available

Thanks Carlos,

I disabled the alerts on VRA’s just now and it seems that the rebooting VRA step is optional, at least for me the alerts disappeared even without rebooting.

yeah, support told me that if the warnings are gone rebooting VRA was optional

BTW Driver O/O Cache is gone but this one is back

VRA on host ESXI-name has reduced storage throughput due to high storage latency. This may impair replication performance. Average latency: 0ms. Last high storage latency occurrence: 1 hour, 29 minutes and 37 seconds ago. High storage latency has occurred 56 times in the last 1 hour.

this is the other tweak needed in VRAs as well

t_isEnabledHighStorageLatencyAlert = false

Same issue here as well

use my info above  to fix it

tweatk tool and variables for each VRA value to false

VRA Tweaks – Zerto
    t_isEnabledHighStorageLatencyAlert
    t_queryDriverAlerts

I have the same error for a whole lot of my hosts after upgrading from 8.5U4P1 to 9.0U2

Driver I/O cache ran out of memory on host “hostname”. This may impair replication performance. Current I/O cache size: 96 MB. Last full I/O cache memory occurrence: 9 seconds ago. Full I/O cache memory has occurred 1 times in the last 9 seconds.

The Tweak tool is only available for Zerto employees to download.

I also get this error after upgrading. It seems to get triggered every hour.

ZVM/VRA reset occurred. As a result, Azure scale set VM will be recreated. VPG creation, edit, delete and recovery operations will temporarily not be available. All functionality will resume in approximately 15 minutes.

Like many, I think that Zerto support’s answer to this issue is not serious at all.

If the alert can be safely ignored all the time, why bother having it?

If this alert may indicate real underlying problems, then an increase to the i/o cache size must be provided from the UI (i.e. without support engineer action).

Since the upgrade to 9.0 U2, all my upgraded environments (VMW to VMW replication) regularly raise the alert, and the support engineer’s suggestion to increase VRAs’s  memory does not change anything.

I guess my question is pretty simple; Is this going to be fixed in the future by Zerto, or are we going to have to open a ticket with support and “tweek” the system to address it?  I’ve been holding off on upgrading to 9.x due to all of the questions, complaints, and Zerto’s silence.  I’m sure that the transfer/sale to HP has caused some confusion on Zerto’s part, but someone still needs to support the customer base.

Just upgraded to the lastest 9.0 update 2 build 090209266 and this alert is still a problem……….

Support just got me a updated tweaks tool that works for this.

Download the tool from hyperlink below(copy and paste into browser):

—>>>https://www.zerto.com/myzerto/tools/tweak-editor/?key=aXp6MnNISVF3T3pCM1ZZVjFKTzZVd2xLSU9Zamkyb3VsbGthSm9YTkE1b3BVYk92NS84M3ZJOHpBTWdGZWpHVzdIbVZLdExYa1ZOMCtROGVMOTh0dlE9PQ==&ver=8.0%20and%20up

Then follow these steps:

1. Run TweakTool as administrator.
    2. Go to VRA Tweaks Tab
    3. Select related VRA
    4. Click Add new tweak
    5. For high storage latency:
    In tweak name paste t_isEnabledHighStorageLatencyAlert
    Value = False
    Comment – case number
    Click add
    Click Apply
    6. For I/O cash driver
    In tweak name paste t_queryDriverAlerts
    Value = False
    Comment – case number
    Click add
    Click Apply
    10. Reboot VRA
    11. Check if the alert has gone related to this VRA

I have the same issue.

I’ve tried to download the tweak tool but I get the following error: Only Zerto employee’s can download this tool

Any ideas?

Hi Aidan M, you need to open a Support Case with Zerto before they will make the Tweak Tool available to you via your open Support Case.

This issue hasn’t been fixed in the new ZVM 9.0 U2 P1 release and will only be addressed in a future update according to Zerto Support.

You must be logged in to create new topics. Click here to login