Does Zerto use SSL based encryption?

• Hi all,

just a quick one, as i didn’t find it clearly: does Zerto support or use SSL based encryption for data migration ?

Of course I don’t mean when I connect to the console on SSL, but when the migration actually start to copy over to/from.

Thank you.

Regards,

Michele

Hello Michele,

Mike from Zerto here. Zerto performs the following encryption:

• Access to the Zerto management UI is encrypted (HTTPS).
    • Communication between the Zerto Virtual Manager and the vCenter Server is encrypted (HTTPS).
    • Communication between the Zerto Virtual Manager and vCloud Connector is encrypted (HTTPS).
    • Communication between the Zerto Virtual Manager and the ESX/ESXi hosts is encrypted (HTTPS).
    • Communication between the Zerto Virtual Manager and the Microsoft SCVMM is encrypted (HTTPS).
    • Communication across networks can be encrypted using network encryption software such as VPN and IPsec.

Zerto does not natively encrypt data across the WAN.

Zerto recommends segregating management and replication traffic from the rest of the network, in order to mitigate any unknown vulnerabilities.

Security and Hardening with Zerto:http://s3.amazonaws.com/zertodownload_docs/Latest/Security%20and%20Hardening%20with%20Zerto%20Virtual%20Replication.pdf

You must be logged in to create new topics. Click here to login