• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated April 23, 2020 by Neal S.

Can I install a VRA in Azure?

• The current ZCA in 7.5 only replicates 500 volumes which is not nearly enough for my needs. Is it possible to install VRA type systems in Azure and have them be managed from a central ZCA without having to install a second, third fourth, ZCA ?

Unfortunately, you cannot.  The ZCA includes the VRA component as a Windows service.  Zerto 7.5 and above also uses Azure Scale Sets to handle some of the VRA workload for replication and failover.  However, you will still likely need multiple ZCAs to handle a large workload.

Is this something that is being looked at in a future version? Our on-prem environment replicates many thousands of volumes managed by a small number of ZVM’s. If I go to Azure, I would need to create a large number o ZCA’s which could quickly turn into a management nightmare.

Not that I am aware of.  I would recommend submitting a Feature Request for this so that our Product team can review and prioritize the business impact: https://www.zerto.com/myzerto/support/feature-requests/

You must be logged in to create new topics. Click here to login