Automating ZVR vCenter Alarms

• Hello,

With our recent blog post in regards to automating vCenter alarms we wanted to open this up for feedback and questions you may have.

For those interested in a script please let us know and we will send you a link to the download.

Thank you,

Hi Sean, can you please send me the ZIP file and script/template? Is this applicable to the newer versions of Zerto?

Also, is it a requirement to customise the alerts after every major version upgrade of Zerto? I have seen this happen previously where after configuring alerts to our specifications a few months later they have all defaulted back to original settings.

Hello,

The automation example can be found on GitHub: https://github.com/ZertoPublic/Automating-ZVR-vCenter-Alarms.

As noted in our alerting documentation “during an upgrade of Zerto, any customization of Zerto alarms is maintained during the upgrade except for the send a notification email action which is removed”. If you need to reconfigure any of the alerts though after an upgrade you can rerun the script.

Thank you,

Hello,

Interested in the zip file for automating email alerts for Zerto events in vcenter. Also would like some documentation on SNMP alerts if available.

thanks!

Hi, will there be a newer release of the alerts to reflect the latest 8.5 update? There are a lot of alarms that arent included in the github files that are now there in vCenter.

I would be interested in getting the zip file with the scripts please.

Can you send me the zip file you mentioned? Thanks, Jeff

You must be logged in to create new topics. Click here to login