- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated July 6, 2021 by Derek S.
Amend failover IP address for existing VPG via API
You must be logged in to create new topics. Click here to login
I am having trouble with NIC configuration via the API using a powershell script > REST call. I already have automation to create VPGs. I wish to be able to add failover IP address config to a given VM (values currently unset). I have spent a long time trying to get this to work (following the most recent API documentation) to no avail. I can save the changes I require to the vpgsettings object, but get a 500 error on commit.
I can successfully:
(1) Establish connection with ZVM / talk with APIs (v 8.5).
(2) Get GUID identifiers of VM/VPG/VPGSettingsObject.
(3) Call https://server:9669/v1/vgpSettings/<vpgSettingsIdentifier>/vms/<vmIdentifier>/nics/<nicIdentifier with the JSON body appropriately formatted as per the April 2021 documentation.
(4) I can verify that I have managed to save the changes to the vpgsettings object (by comparing it before/after a PUT call to save the vpgsettings object)
The settings object looks good, the PUT has worked, but I get a useless 500 error on POST to commit. The API clearly doesn’t like something but no hint about what that might be. Please can someone post a working example of some PowerShell / JSON that would update Failover network IP config for a VM in an existing VPG so I can compare?