• This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated October 8, 2019 by David B.

Advance Journal Settings

• Hi, could anyone clarify the below?

Is the “Journal Size Hard Limit”  setting,   per VM

i.e. if set to 200GB, this is how large the journal can grow for a single server within a VPG

or

Does this setting relate to all VM’s within in the VPG, i.e. if set to 200GB, this is how large the journal can grow for all VM’s  within a VPG

Thanks

Hello,

This is Vladimir M from Zerto Support.

That setting is set for all the VMs within the VPG. If you want to set the different settings for individual VMs with the VPG, you can make the edit within the “Advanced VM Replication Setting” ( edit VPG-> go to Replication tab-> go to VM Setting and made the edits for the individual VM there.

Hi Vladimir

Thanks for the quick reply, if i change the default from 200GB to 250GB, from the pop menu it states this will only effect new VM’s added to the VPG after the change, this is my confusion, can you explain? – thanks

By doing the default edit yes it will only affect new add VMs within the VPG. If you have VMs already protected in the VPG, you’ll need to make the edit for those VMs within the Advance settings.

Thanks Vladimir, got it , cheers

Hi Vladimir

Apologizes, one last question  from your above comment “That setting is set for all the VMs within the VPG. ” just to confirm, if the default setting was 200GB, the total growth for all VM’s is 200GB or is that setting for  each VM’s journal can grow to 200GB

Hello,

It is set for each VM’s journal to grow that size

Thanks Vladimir

You must be logged in to create new topics. Click here to login