• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated August 9, 2018 by Amy M.

5.5u2p1 upgrade to 6.x – site can't upgrade?

• Hello,

I’m looking to upgrade to 6.u3 but my ZVM’s are telling me that I can’t do it for some reason.

Error in ZVM. We have 5 connected sites. All are at 5.5u2p1

A new version (6.0 Patch 3) is available for upgrade, but the current site cannot upgrade to it. See the ZVR Alerts documentation for possible causes.

Documentation shows this related info.

“ZVM0007
    Alert Name Cannot upgrade
    Alert Category Zerto Virtual Manager
    Severity Warning
    Message Displayed A new version ({version}) is available for upgrade, but the current site cannot upgrade to it. Possible
    causes include you have an old peer which the new version will not be able to communicate with or because you have a VRA
    running an older version which the new version will not be able to communicate with.
    POSSIBLE CAUSE POSSIBLE RESOLUTION
    The protected and recovery sites are running different
    versions of Zerto Virtual Replication.
    Upgrade Zerto Virtual Replication, including any VRAs that
    can be upgraded.
    CURRENT VERSION: CAN UPGRADE TO:
    4.5, 4.5Ux 5.0Ux
    5.0, 5.0Ux 5.5Ux
    5.5, 5.5Ux 6.0Ux
    Zerto Virtual Manager Alerts 62
    Zerto Virtual Replication Guide to Alarms, Alerts and Events – For All Platforms – Version 6.0
    Zerto Virtual Replication Alerts
    Description You can only upgrade Zerto Virtual Replication to one version higher with full protection maintained. One of the
    sites is already running a version one version higher but an upgrade to this is also available.
    You can upgrade from version n to the next version (n+1) of Zerto Virtual Replication including to any update within the current
    version. You cannot do an n+2 upgrade directly.
    The order you upgrade the sites, protected or recovery, is not relevant as long as paired sites remain only one version apart.
    Note: Upgrade releases are considered to be upgrades of the same version. Releases 4.5, 4.5U1, etc., are the same version.
    The following table shows what version you can upgrade to based on the current version running at the site. ”

Perhaps I have some VRA’s that weren’t properly upgraded to 5.5u2p1? Not sure how to find out.

Any ideas?

Ron

Hi Ron

Suggest that you contact Zerto Support to investigate and discuss next steps.

Amy Mitchell

Zerto Product Manager

You must be logged in to create new topics. Click here to login