Zerto Previews Industry’s First Enterprise-Class DR Solution Offering Replication to AWS
Provides Platform-Agnostic Workload Protection and Continuous Replication to Public Cloud
AWS re:Invent 2014, Las Vegas and Boston, MA — November 10, 2014 — Zerto, setting the standard for protection, recovery and migration of data in cloud and virtualized data centers, today announced that Zerto Virtual Replication for Amazon Web Services (AWS) will be previewed at AWS re:Invent in Las Vegas. Zerto Virtual Replication is the first hypervisor-based replication solution to offer enterprise-class data protection and workload mobility from on-premise VMWare environments to AWS, extending hypervisor-based replication to the public cloud. Zerto supports continuous replication of workloads irrespective of hypervisor, storage or cloud.
By adding support for AWS, Zerto extends enterprise-class DR to the public cloud, a critical capability for enterprises implementing data centers that mix on-premise and public cloud elements — known as hybrid clouds. Zerto will release its latest version of the software, supporting application-consistent, continuous replication from VMWare vSphere or Microsoft Hyper-V to AWS, in Q1 2015. Zerto Virtual Replication customers will soon be able to leverage AWS in two ways — for VM recoverability in AWS where the machines actually run in AWS, and long-term retention of VMWare VMs using AWS simply as a target for offsite backup.
“Zerto Virtual Replication to AWS is the next step in our Cloud Fabric strategy, which allows customers to select their IT infrastructure based solely on their business needs, regardless of underlying storage, hypervisor or cloud provider,” said Ziv Kedem, Zerto CEO and co-founder. “In the future, Zerto Virtual Replication will offer support for more platforms to ensure that if business circumstances change, the data protection solution doesn’t have to, enabling customers to future-proof their DR investment.”
Specific features of Zerto Virtual Replication for AWS include:
- Storage and hypervisor agnostic replication — any storage can be used at the source and target site, and any hypervisor, including from VMWare vSphere or Microsoft Hyper-V to AWS
- Virtual Protection Groups — consistency groups that ensure applications with multiple VMs can be recovered effectively with write-order fidelity
- Manage all disaster recovery and data mobility operations across VMWare vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V environments as well as AWS from a single user interface
- Continuous data protection — no snapshots — to minimize impact on the production environment
- Dramatically lower costs for enterprise-class DR with the ability to leverage AWS
- Automated recovery of VMs in AWS
- The use of AWS as backup or DR target for VMWare VMs
- Automated orchestration of disaster recovery processes for application consistency
Zerto Virtual Replication has disrupted the traditional hardware-centric market for disaster recovery and migration of applications. More than 700 enterprise customers in 29 countries use Zerto Virtual Replication in their production environments to protect, recover and migrate data and production applications. In addition, Zerto dominates the market for cloud-based recovery and replication and has become the de-facto standard for recovery and migration in cloud environments, with more than 150 Cloud Providers offering services powered by Zerto Virtual Replication.
Attendees of AWS re:Invent can see live demos of Zerto Virtual Replication to AWS at booth #450.
Zerto has developed a software-based platform for workload mobility, migration, protection and recovery in hybrid-cloud environments, allowing for seamless flexibility and manageability of applications whether they reside on-premise or in the cloud. The company’s Cloud Fabric platform is based on the award-winning Zerto Virtual Replication software which has become the standard for protection, recovery and migration of data in cloud and virtualized data centers. For more information, please visit: https://www.zerto.com.