Zerto Reports Rapid, Sweeping Growth in 2013, Sprints Toward Hybrid Cloud
Company Celebrates 200 Percent Revenue Increase; Quadruples Customer Base
Boston, MA and Herzliya, Israel — February 6, 2014, Zerto, setting the standard for disaster recovery in virtualized and cloud environments, today announced it recorded 200 percent revenue growth in 2013, while quadrupling its customer base to more than 400 customers, 250 channel partners and more than 100 cloud service providers. This expanded customer roster now includes many leading finance, healthcare and large retail customers like Premier, Inc., ING and Univita Health. The company opened the first of its new international locations in the UK to serve this growing worldwide customer base.
“2013 was a breakthrough year for Zerto as affirmed in large part by the hundreds of new customers in 29 countries using Zerto Virtual Replication in production environments, both on-premise and in the cloud,” said Ziv Kedem, co-founder and CEO, Zerto. “This year we will continue to grow, innovate and deliver new solutions, not only for simplifying disaster recovery to any location — private, public or hybrid cloud — but for the portability and mobility of any workload, across any hypervisor and to any cloud.”
In 2013, Zerto also reached the following milestones:
- Closed a $13 million round of Series C financing. The round was led by RTP Ventures, an affiliate of ru-Net Holdings, with strong support from existing investors Battery Ventures, Greylock IL and U.S. Venture Partners.
- Introduced Zerto Virtual Replication 3.0, which brought the company’s hypervisor-based replication and disaster recovery solution to all virtualized workloads at the VM-level, extending the Software-Defined Data Center vision to business continuity/disaster recovery (BC/DR).
- Later introduced Zerto Virtual Replication 3.1, building on the advancements of 3.0 to centralize and simplify disaster recovery with improved scalability, maintainability and alerting capabilities. Through hypervisor-based replication technology, Zerto Virtual Replication 3.1 enables both cloud service providers (CSPs) and enterprises to quickly and easily manage workload protection to meet changing business needs, while ensuring minimal downtime.
- Increased the number of channel partners in the Zerto Alliance Partner Program — which enables more companies to implement this powerful approach to BC/DR — by over 120 percent, year over year.
- Expanded the Zerto Cloud Ecosystem to more than 100 cloud providers who are revolutionizing DR by using Zerto Virtual Replication to power their cloud DR offerings.
- Became one of the ten founding “leading technology partners” to be included in Cisco’s InterCloud ecosystem, a partner framework for the delivery of hybrid cloud offerings.
“One of the toughest parts of my jobs is providing a consistent IT experience across locations. It is a constant uphill battle,” said Jayme Williams, Senior Systems Engineer, TenCate. “We are always acquiring companies with different types of storage, servers, skill sets. Zerto (Virtual Replication) can support anything that VMWare supports and it is so easy to use, I spend about 20 minutes training team members on it. Its simplicity and power are not found in any other BC/DR solution for VMWare.”
Vision for the Future
As Zerto continues to add customers in the BC/DR market, it has seen increased demand from customers and cloud providers for hybrid cloud adoption in 2014. The concept of hybrid cloud enables IT to utilize on-premise and cloud-based infrastructure seamlessly for cost reduction, bursting, disaster recovery and other use cases. The key to hybrid cloud acceptance in the marketplace is providing this seamless capability for all applications, including those production applications that are core to the business. In 2014, Zerto will build on the existing functionality of Zerto Virtual Replication that enables production workloads to utilize hybrid clouds, focusing on four key areas where the product excels:
- Workload Mobility: The ability to move production workloads regardless of complexity or size, between remote physical locations without business interruption — for private, hybrid and public clouds.
- Disaster Recovery: Protect workloads to the cloud or between clouds, with SLAs as low as seconds of RPO and minutes of RTO.
- Data Protection: Long retention of copies in different locations, including cost effective cloud archiving.
- Cross Hypervisor Portability: Mobilization of workloads between hypervisors while preserving all application properties such as boot dependencies, IP configuration and more.
“Hybrid clouds have been a lofty aspiration for enterprises, however, recently that has changed,” said John P. Morency, Research Vice President ITL Systems, Security & Risk, Gartner, Inc. “For many organizations, deployment of hybrid clouds is more a question of ‘when’ versus a question of ‘if,’ because they are uniquely positioned to facilitate the future integration of IT service availability and recovery management. New technologies that provide seamless workload mobility enable enterprises to fully leverage the hybrid cloud model. Achieving this integration is a key objective for organizations of any size that need to minimize the business impact of unplanned IT service downtime, regardless of the root cause.”
“We’ve found that when customers talk about ‘hybrid cloud,’ they want flexibility,” said Gil Levonai, VP Product and Marketing, Zerto. “To them, hybrid means open to any cloud, transparent, simple to use — where production workloads can be easily mobilized, centrally managed and protected. Zerto is already building the first real steps towards a ‘production-ready’ hybrid cloud that customers want.”
Zerto has developed the first hypervisor-based, disaster recovery and replication software for virtualized environments, offering simplicity and greatly reduced operational and maintenance costs. Developed exclusively for virtualized and cloud environments, Zerto’s award-winning solution, Zerto Virtual Replication (ZVR) is rapidly becoming the standard for disaster recovery and business continuity in the modern data center. ZVR received ‘Best of Show’ at VMworld 2011, as well as 2012 and 2011 ‘Product of the Year’ Gold Awards. For more information, please visit: https://www.zerto.com.