Zerto Hits Triple-Digit Growth Once Again; Builds Toward a Future of Uninterrupted Technology
Cloud and Virtualized Data Recovery Leader Increases Revenue by 140 Percent; Doubles Customer Base; Broadens International Footprint and Significantly Expands Partner Ecosystem
VMware Partner Exchange, San Francisco — February 3, 2015 — Zerto, setting the standard for protection, recovery and migration of data in cloud and virtualized data centers, today announced that it greatly surpassed 2014 targets, recording 140 percent revenue growth while doubling its customer base to 800 customers in 38 countries. To support this international growth, the company opened multiple new offices including offices in the United Kingdom and in Australia. Zerto also increased its partner base to 500 worldwide channel partners and 170 cloud service providers.
“Zerto’s tremendous growth in 2014 demonstrates how Zerto Virtual Replication has disrupted the traditional hardware-centric market for disaster recovery,” said Ziv Kedem, co-founder and CEO, Zerto. “In 2015, we’ll continue to keep enterprise and cloud IT running 24/7 by expanding our business continuity solutions to include BCDR for Microsoft Hyper-V and Amazon Web Services. Using Zerto Virtual Replication, hundreds of enterprises around the world will be able to select their IT infrastructure based solely on their business needs, regardless of underlying storage, hypervisor or cloud provider.”
In 2014, Zerto also reached the following milestones:
- Closed a $26 million round of Series D financing. New investor Harmony Partners led the financing, with participation by all current investors, which include Battery Ventures, Greylock IL (now 83North), RTP Ventures and U.S. Venture Partners.
- Introduced offsite backup capabilities, as part of Zerto Virtual Replication 3.5, a new model of data protection combining replication, continuous data protection (CDP) and long-term retention at the target site.
- Announced Zerto Virtual Replication for Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Hyper-V, bringing the same level of enterprise-class data protection to customers regardless of their underlying infrastructure. Some additional features of Zerto Virtual Replication for AWS and Hyper-V include:
- Hypervisor agnostic replication — including from VMware vSphere to Microsoft Hyper-V and from VMware vSphere to AWS
- No snapshots — Zerto Virtual Replication uses continuous data protection to minimize impact on the production environment
- Automated orchestration of disaster recovery processes for application consistency
- Simple management interface for KPIs and reporting on DR failovers and tests
- Increased the number of channel partners in the Zerto Alliance Partner Program — which enables companies to implement this powerful approach to BC/DR — by more than 83 percent to 500.
- Launched online partner training empowering more than 1,250 channel partner training certifications earned; 810 technical, 440 sales.
- Launched new partner portal.
- Grew the channel team at Zerto to include Channel Account Managers and Field Marketing Managers worldwide helping to support the growing channel ecosystem.
- Expanded the Zerto Cloud Ecosystem to 170 cloud providers who are revolutionizing DR by using Zerto Virtual Replication to power their cloud DR offerings.
- Expanded its customer base across new verticals including finance, healthcare, manufacturing and oil and gas.
A World of Uninterrupted Technology
In 2015, Zerto is focused on dramatically improving IT service continuity by supporting the ability for enterprises to move application workloads successfully between any hypervisor, cloud or storage environment. The key to hybrid cloud acceptance in the market is the movement of applications between clouds whether private, public or a hybrid of the two. Application mobility in the hybrid cloud needs to be seamless and easy to manage to ensure consistency of the applications across the entire data center. Zerto enables this through the Zerto Cloud Continuity Platform. Continuity in the context of cloud deployments refers to the ability to use any underlying storage, hypervisor or cloud provider. By adding offsite backup and support for Microsoft Hyper-V and Amazon Web Services to Zerto Virtual Replication, Zerto is demonstrating its emphasis on giving customers the freedom to choose data center components exclusively based on service levels and business needs.
Zerto is committed to keeping enterprise and cloud IT running 24/7 by providing innovative, simple, reliable and scalable business continuity software solutions. Through the Zerto Cloud Continuity Platform, organizations can seamlessly move and protect virtualized workloads between public, private and hybrid clouds. The company’s flagship product, Zerto Virtual Replication, has become the standard for protection, recovery and migration of applications in cloud and virtualized data centers, and won numerous awards, including Best of Show at VMworld 2011, Best of VMworld Europe 2014, as well as 2011, 2012 and 2013 Product of the Year Awards for its innovative hypervisor-based replication approach. For more information, go to www.zerto.com.
For more information, contact:
Andrew Rodger or Katharine Meyer
Matter Communications for Zerto (U.S.)
MessageMachine for Zerto (UK)