Zerto Expands APJ Presence to Address Significant Regional Demand
ZERTO APJ BUSINESS POISED TO TRIPLE IN 2015
Sydney, Australia — February 24, 2015 — Zerto, setting the standard for protection, recovery and migration of data in cloud and virtualised data centers, today announced that — following the announcement of significant growth in U.S. and Europe — the company is investing additional resources into its presence in the Asia Pacific and Japan (APJ) region. In line with this, Zerto is pleased to announce the appointment of Andrew Martin as director of APJ, and the appointment of Rachel-Ann Wicks as marketing and communications manager for APJ. In addition to bolstering the already successful team in Australia, Andrew has been tasked with increasing Zerto’s staff presence across Asia, recruiting teams in China, India, South East Asia and Japan.
Andrew Martin was appointed director of APJ in January 2015 and is leading Zerto’s operations in the region, implementing a plan for strategic growth. Prior to joining Zerto, Martin was vice president of Tandberg Data Asia Pacific, Japan and the Middle East, where he was responsible for developing the channel and OEM business in the region and managing all aspects of operations, administration, sales and marketing across the region. Martin also served as vice president Asia at BakBone Software for sales and marketing. Martin has more than 18 years of technology industry experience, gained through sales-focused roles at some of the industry’s leading storage vendors. He holds a BSc (Hons) degree in Sociology with Computing from Loughborough University of Technology.
“My key objective is to underpin growth whilst ensuring excellent customer experience and service for all Zerto clients,” said Martin. “With virtualisation adoption and cloud adoption becoming the standard across all of Asia, the timing for Zerto to enter the market could not be better. Furthermore, Zerto Virtual Replication represents a fantastic opportunity for systems integrators and cloud providers across the region, and we look forward to building these partnerships and significantly growing our presence in 2015.”
Rachel-Ann Wicks joined Zerto in January as the marketing and communications manager for APJ. Wicks has more than 10 years of marketing and communications experience with six-plus years servicing the IT industry. Previously, Wicks was director of marketing for Australia and New Zealand at leading security vendors Trend Micro and Check Point Software Technologies. She has significant experience in developing reseller recruitment and enablement programs to drive revenue for the channel. Wicks also owned her own marketing company which she ran for a number of years prior to joining the tech industry.
“With sophisticated markets such as Australia and New Zealand which are highly virtualised and moving to the cloud at a fast pace, Zerto is poised to disrupt the traditional hardware-centric market for disaster recovery,” said Wicks. “I’m thrilled to join Zerto at this opportune time for its APJ and worldwide operations.”
Earlier this year, Zerto announced it recorded 140 percent revenue growth while doubling its customer base to 800 customers in 38 countries in 2014. The company also increased its partner base to 500 worldwide channel partners and 170 cloud service providers.
In 2014, Zerto also reached the following global milestones:
- Closed a $26 million round of Series D financing. New investor Harmony Partners led the financing, with participation by all current investors, which include Battery Ventures, Greylock IL (now 83North), RTP Ventures and U.S. Venture Partners.
- Introduced offsite backup capabilities, as part of Zerto Virtual Replication 3.5, a new model of data protection combining replication, continuous data protection (CDP) and long-term retention at the target site.
- Announced Zerto Virtual Replication for Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Hyper-V, bringing the same level of enterprise-class data protection to customers regardless of their underlying infrastructure. Some additional features of Zerto Virtual Replication for AWS and Hyper-V include:
- Hypervisor agnostic replication — including from VMware vSphere to Microsoft Hyper-V and from VMware vSphere to AWS
- No snapshots — Zerto Virtual Replication uses continuous data protection to minimise impact on the production environment
- Automated orchestration of disaster recovery processes for application consistency
- Simple management interface for KPIs and reporting on DR failovers and tests
- Increased the number of channel partners in the Zerto Alliance Partner Program — which enables companies to implement this powerful approach to BC/DR — by more than 83 percent.
- Expanded the Zerto Cloud Ecosystem to 170 cloud providers who are revolutionising DR by using Zerto Virtual Replication to power their cloud DR offerings.
“We’re pleased to have Andrew and Rachel-Ann join our team in APJ to help support the many milestones we’re reaching in the region and around the world,” said Ziv Kedem, co-founder and CEO, Zerto. “Andrew’s depth of knowledge in technology operations, marketing and sales; and Rachel-Ann’s global IT communications and marketing experience will add significant value to our APJ team. We’re confident that Andrew and Rachel-Ann’s expertise and the expansion of our presence in APJ will help Zerto achieve its vision of keeping enterprise and cloud IT running 24/7.”
Zerto is committed to keeping enterprise and cloud IT running 24/7 by providing innovative, simple, reliable and scalable business continuity software solutions. Through the Zerto Cloud Continuity Platform, organisations can seamlessly move and protect virtualised workloads between public, private and hybrid clouds. The company’s flagship product, Zerto Virtual Replication, has become the standard for protection, recovery and migration of applications in cloud and virtualised data centers, and won numerous awards, including Best of Show at VMworld 2011, Best of VMworld Europe 2014, as well as 2011, 2012 and 2013 Product of the Year Awards for its innovative hypervisor-based replication approach. For more information, go to www.zerto.com.
For more information, contact:
Andrew Rodger or Katharine Meyer
Matter Communications for Zerto (U.S.)
MessageMachine for Zerto (UK)