iland and Zerto Protect Customers by Slashing Disaster Recovery Times
Companies achieve new cost efficiencies with virtual-to-cloud and cloud-to-cloud Disaster Recovery-as-a-Service
HOUSTON — September 23, 2014 — Providing companies with the proven technology and support they need to ensure business continuity, iland and Zerto today announced their joint customers are successfully executing near-zero recovery time objectives (RTOs) with cloud-based disaster recovery. The growing customer base of financial, healthcare, legal and industrial companies rely on Zerto and iland to protect their workloads and minimize downtime.
In a recent report, Forrester Research, Inc., states, “Since some downtime is inevitable, it’s important to shift your attitude from reacting to downtime toward proactive planning, good processes, and preventive efforts. You may not be able to achieve 100 percent uptime, but you can at least strive to make services available when your customers most need them and have rapid response measures in place to make sure services are brought back online as quickly as possible.”
“There is a great deal of marketing hype around cloud-based disaster recovery right now, and we hear the confusion around backup versus business continuity from companies daily,” said Lilac Schoenbeck, VP of product management and marketing at iland. “At iland, we team with other industry leaders like Zerto to cut through the clutter and work hand in hand to address the complex details that a solid disaster recovery and business continuity plan requires. We’ve done it for hundreds of customers since 2008, and we are committed to continuing to deliver personalized support and cutting-edge technology to ensure that our customers can satisfy their own customers.”
Many cloud-based disaster recovery solutions require companies to fully recover their data before they can access it, resulting in significant downtime. Addressing the issue, iland’s disaster recovery services with Zerto allow customers to seamlessly access data while it is being failed over to the recovery site in iland’s cloud. Customers also have full control over which of iland’s eight data centers in the U.S., U.K. and Singapore will host their workloads, addressing both geographical and data sovereignty considerations.
“We use iland’s enterprise cloud to both run and protect our production servers, and the cost, agility and reliability benefits of our move to iland’s ECS and Cloud2Cloud Disaster Recovery-as-a-Service are clear,” said Greg Anderson, CIO at PIAB. “iland’s ECS portal enables us to not only see what’s going on in our cloud, but also gives us the ability to control and manage our resources and costs on a global scale. And we rest easy knowing iland’s expert support team is just a phone call away.”
iland and Zerto’s joint customers attain business continuity because they are able to:
– Minimize downtime by replicating workloads from virtual environments to iland’s high-availability cloud infrastructure, including cloud-to-cloud replication across multiple iland data centers.
– Access a team of proven disaster recovery experts that help assess, plan, test and execute DR plans.
– Ensure accurate and efficient recovery with automated failover and failback capability.
– Recover any or all applications as needed on a self-service basis.
– Test disaster recovery plans at will with self-service test, failover and assisted failback capabilities.
– Speed up replication and reduce WAN bandwidth requirements with Integrated Network Compression.
– Satisfy network requirements with range of configuration options, such as preconfigured failover networking, internal and external IP configurations and co-location of physical equipment.
– Leverage redundant, high speed, low latency connectivity to Tier 1 providers and connect directly to hundreds of carriers.
– Satisfy compliance and security requirements, as iland’s U.S. data center locations hold SSAE 16 certifications, its EMEA locations hold ISO 9001/27001 certifications and data is encrypted using AES-256.
– Meet budget requirements with iland’s reservation with burst or fully dedicated resource options.
– Seamlessly incorporate legacy and physical systems into disaster recovery plans.
“We are proud that iland, leaders in providing enterprise cloud services, chose to partner with Zerto to offer disaster recovery solutions in the cloud,” said Sean Casey, director of cloud sales at Zerto. “Zerto’s seamless integration with iland’s cloud satisfies the rigorous enterprise-class disaster recovery requirements of customers around the world, from a variety of industries.”
iland is ranked as a leader in Forrester Research, Inc.’s report entitled, “The Forrester Waveâ„¢: Disaster-Recovery-As-A-Service Providers, Q1 2014.” Forrester refers to iland as “the dark horse champion” in the report. In the research firm’s evaluation, iland received the highest scores possible for its core DRaaS offerings, recovery objective capabilities, platform and application support, data resiliency and risk mitigation, security, value proposition and vision, as well as pricing, service levels and contract terms.
Talk to iland’s experts at Interop New York September 29 — October 3, 2014
iland will showcase its Disaster Recovery and Enterprise Cloud Services at Interop New York September 29 — October 3, 2014 (Booth #437). Experts will be on hand to answer questions and discuss how iland’s enterprise cloud and disaster recovery services help companies drive and protect business.
For more information on iland and Zerto’s solutions and tips for disaster recovery, read:
– iland Cloud-based Disaster Recovery-as-a-Service
– iland Data Sheet: iland Disaster Recovery Services with Zerto
– Getting Started: A Guide to Disaster Recovery in the Cloud
– Zerto Data Sheet: Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery, Cloud Ready
*Source: “Building the Always-On, Always-Available Enterprise,” Forrester Research, Inc. June 11, 2014.
With data centers in the U.S., U.K. and Singapore, iland delivers proven enterprise cloud solutions that help companies do business faster, smarter and more flexibly. Unlike any other provider, iland’s technology and consultative approach mean anyone—regardless of expertise, location or business objective—can experience the benefits of a hassle-free cloud. From scaling production workloads, to supporting testing and development, to disaster recovery, iland’s secure cloud and decades of experience translate into unmatched service. Underscoring the strength of its platform, the company has been recognized as VMWare’s Service Provider Partner of the Year, Global and Americas; is part of the Cisco Cloud Managed Service Provider Program for IaaS and DRaaS; and partners with other industry leaders including Zerto and Veeam. Visit www.iland.com.