How To Troubleshoot a ZVM to ZVM Disconnection
Viewed 974 times
- Production and DR ZVM’s are disconnected / no sync is established between the sites.
- New VPG button is grayed out and you can’t create new VPGs
- Can’t pair new site
- Versions 8.0 and above
- Versions 7.5 and below
- NOTE: Starting version 8.0, the ZVM to ZVM connectivity port was changed to 9071(previously it was 9081). If one site is running version 8.0 while the other is running 7.5, 9081 will be used.
- If you are experiencing these connectivity issues after upgrading to 8.0, please review this KB.
- How to check if the ZVM has two NICs.
- How to check if the right NIC is configured within the Reconfigure Wizard.
Setting Up a Proxy With Zerto
ZVM and Anti-Virus software
Please review the KB below for troubleshooting steps for a crashing Zerto Service
How to Troubleshoot ‘Zerto Virtual Manager’ services crash
- Screenshot of all the results of tests performed above.
- Confirm nothing was changed or added security wise. If necessary, involve your networking team and confirm that nothing was changed or added with them (some changes in FWs can cause communication to appear correct and functional, but in the back-end, packets could be altered to an extent it can drop the connection.
- Collect logs for ZVM disconnection as described below.
Follow steps below in order to collect the necessary logs for Zerto support to analysis ZVM connectivity issues.
- Open a case with Zerto support. Only after you opened a case collect the following logs
- You will have to run the log collector from each site
- RDP or remote console into the relevant ZVM VM. Open the Zerto Diagnostics Tool. If you can’t find it under the search bar, you may find it under the Zerto installation directory (main root folder).
- Choose the first option ‘Collect Zerto logs for use by Zerto SUPPORT’and run through the Wizard and collect the following:
- ZVM: Local ZVM
- VRA: No
- Host: No
- Installation: No
- VSS: No
- Event Viewer: No
- Re-IP: No
- GUI: No
- Hypervisor: Yes
We may also require Wireshark dumps from both ZVMs. Please ask for the support engineer to provide an online repository to upload the dumps.