Zerto Reporting for Enterprise environments (Call Home)
Viewed 594 times
Automated Information is not a mandatory process of the Zerto Virtual Manager (ZVM) operation, the process is turned off by default.
Zerto strongly recommends this process to be enabled and the data reported. The ZVM reports the information to the Call Home server for processing and parsing.
Only the ZVM is reporting data. The ZCM plays no part in that process.
General requirement for every reporting ZVM:
- The ZVM must have internet access to Zerto’s Call-Home server autologs.zerto.com over port 443.
- The ZVM clock must be correct and set by network time protocol (NTP).
- The ZVM must have the “Enable Support notification and Call-Home” option enabled under Support Settings .
- Data is sent securely (using https):
- DNS - autologs.zerto.com
- Port - 443 (standard https port)
- The following information is sent to the Zerto Call Home server:
- Usage – the exact same information as in the usage report
- Support information – used by Zerto Support
- Version and license information
- Environment information?
ZVM internet connection through proxy is supported, however a connection via authenticated proxy is not supported. If a proxy is to be used, it must be set for the user running the ZVM service, which is "localservice" by default. To set a proxy for the localservice user, review the following KB: https://www.zerto.com/myzerto/knowledge-base/setting-up-a-proxy-with-zerto/.
If automated reporting isn't being accurately generated or not generated at all, the admin should use the following troubleshooting steps:
Verify that outbound internet access is available from each of the reporting ZVMs over port 443, specifically to the address autologs.zerto.com.
Note: if applicable, the above address may be excluded from any proxy details for the servers.
Ensure that the “Enable Support notification and Call-Home” option is enabled under each ZVM’s Support Settings section.
Ensure that it is possible to successfully navigate to the following URL from all cloud ZVMs: https://autologs.zerto.com/testpage.
Ensure that ZVM clock is synchronized and set by NTP (time zone doesn't matter).