ZERTO FIELD NOTICE FTN-20190826: END OF SUPPORT FOR SELECTED VMWARE PLATFORMS AND SQL SERVER VERSIONS IN NEXT RELEASE OF ZERTO VIRTUAL REPLICATION
Viewed 36 times
ZVR Versions Affected:
- 7.5 and onward
DescriptionThe next release of Zerto Virtual Replication does not support the following platforms:
- VMware vCenter 5.1 and VMware ESX/ESXi release 5.1.
- VMware vCloud Director 8.10.x-8.20.x.
- SQL Server 2008 and SQL Server 2008/R2 for the Zerto Virtual Manager external database.
BackgroundThe above releases are end of support by the platform vendors:
- The affected versions of vSphere and vCloud Director are listed on VMware’s unsupported product list as outlined in this VMware Knowledge Base article: https://www.vmware.com/content/dam/digitalmarketing/vmware/en/pdf/support/product-lifecycle-matrix.pdf.
- The affected versions of SQL Server are listed on Microsoft’s product lifecycle policy as outlined here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/search/1044.
Solution DetailsPrior to upgrading or installing the next release of Zerto, please upgrade to a supported release from VMware. The Zerto document Upgrading Zerto Virtual Replication has guidelines for upgrading VMware components.
If you are using the external database on the Zerto Virtual Manager, then please upgrade to a supported version of the SQL Server as described in the Zerto Interoperability Matrix before upgrading or installing the next release of Zerto.