Virtual machines include disks that cannot be protected to a vSphere recovery site.
Viewed 286 times
Virtual machines include disks that cannot be protected to a vSphere recovery site. To protect the VM's, the problematic disks must either be removed from the VMs or reconfigured to be a whole number of KBs. [Vm: <Virtual Machine Name> Volumes: <List of VHD(X) files affected>]
To resolve this issue, it will be necessary to re-size the VHD(X) files so the size of the files equals a whole number when read as kilobytes. The easiest way to achieve this is as follows:
- In the Virtual Machine Manager console, power down the affected VM
- Open the properties of the affected VM, and navigate to 'Hardware Configuration'
- Find the disks mentioned in the error message
- Check off the option "Expand virtual hard disk (GB):" and ensure the value is at least 1 GB above the current 'Maximum size' of this disk
- Repeat for each disk mentioned in the error message. Once all affected disks have been changed, click 'OK' for the disk resize operation to take place
- Power on the VM