Pulling Files From a VRA VM Using WinSCP
Viewed 46 times
An administrator may require a way to pull files off of a VRA VM for troubleshooting/analysis. Starting in Zerto 7.0, an SSH key is being provided for users who wish to be able to access the VRA.
In WinSCP, a user is able to select a SSH key file for authentication to connect to a VM. Please see the following directions on how to connect via FTP to the VRA VM using the SSH key:
- Download, install, and launch WinSCP on the ZVM VM. When you launch WinSCP, you will see the following Login screen:
- Fill in the host name with the VRA VM's IP address, and the Username should be root. Leave the Password field blank.
- In the Login screen, click the Advanced... button:
- In the Advanced Site Settings window, navigate to SSH -> Authentication:
- Click the Browse (...) button:
- Navigate to \Program Files\Zerto\Zerto Virtual Replication\Secrets, and select the ssh.ppk file. Click OK.
- Back to the Login screen, click the Login button. WinSCP should connect to the VRA VM from here and allow for file transfer.