How to Migrate a ZCM Database from one ZCM to Another
Viewed 698 times
An administrator for a cloud service provider may need to migrate settings from one Zerto Cloud Manager (ZCM) to a different VM. This can also be done between differing version of Windows, for example, Windows 2012 to Windows 2016.
NOTE: This procedure is not supported as a means of backup and recovery for an individual ZCM instance.
To migrate the ZCM database to a new ZVM server, follow the steps below:
- Snapshot the current ZCM VM.
- Copy the DB from the old ZCM VM (Located in \ProgramData\Zerto\Data).
- Paste the DB on the desktop of the new ZCM VM.
- Take a snapshot of the new ZCM VM.
- Take notes of the old ZCM VM network settings.
- Install the same ZCM version in the new ZCM VM.
- Turn the old ZCM VM off.
- Change the old ZCM VM's IP to another IP so you can use the current one on the new ZCM VM.
- Turn the new ZCM VM off and give it the old ZCM VM IP.
- Turn the new ZCM VM ON, Stop Zerto service.
- Replace the DB file in the new ZCM VM at the same location (Located in \ProgramData\Zerto\Data).
- Start the ZCM service.
- Open GUI and check the health of VPGs.
- If needed, copy the certificates from the old ZCM to the new ZCM (since they have the same IP) or create new ones following this KB.
NOTE: The IP of the ZCM VM is written to the ZCM DB, so it should not change.