How to Backup the Database before Upgrading Zerto
Viewed 76 times
After identifying if your ZVM VM is using an external or embedded DB, an admin should follow the steps below when upgrading their environment.
- If using an external DB, when its time to upgrade the environment, please backup the external DB when you perform a snapshot of the ZVM VM.
- When its time to upgrade > Turn off Zerto service > backup external DB > snapshot ZVM VM > perform upgrade
- If the DB is embedded, you can take a snapshot of the ZVM VM before performing the upgrade.
- When its time to upgrade > turn off Zerto service > snapshot ZVM VM
- (Azure or AWS) When its time to upgrade > turn off Zerto service > copy file located at (hidden directory) C:\ProgramData\Zerto\