Error: “This app can’t be activated by the Built-in Administrator” when Attempting to Execute the ZVM Installer
Viewed 1662 times
An administrator may have difficulty attempting to execute the ZVM installer regarding the Built-in Administrator.
Kindly see the following two links regarding this Windows issue:
In short, this is usually caused due to the local security policy for Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator Account is not enabled on the ZVM windows machine.
ZVM installer is attempted to be executed and receives the following error:
Activation of app Microsoft.Windows.Apprep.ChxApp_cw5n1h2txyewy:App.AppXc99k5qnnsvxj5szemm7fp3g7y08we5vm.mca failed with error: This app can't be activated by the Built-in Administrator. See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.
To workaround this issue, attempt one of the two below
- Press Windows + R keys.
- In the run dialogue box, enter gpedit.msc and click OK.
- Navigate to Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policy > Security Options.
- Locate and open the User Account Control: Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator Account.
- Under Local Security Setting tab select Enable.
- Click on Apply and OK to save your changes.
- Create a local user with admin rights and try again.