• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated May 6, 2022 by Kevin S.

Failover Test Questions

• Hello Folks, I’m testing DR recovery of an application that is made up of 5 VM’s over 2 VPG’s. We’re using Zerto 9 U3 and the VM’s are in the same subnet/VLAN but don’t have a gateway populated so they remain isolated. I’ve come across 3 issues and I’d appreciate any feedback.

1) All 5 VM’s are in the Network Location “Domain networks” in Production but when they’re power up at the DR site only the Domain Controller remains in this Location. The other 4 go to “Guest or public networks” and I was wanting to know what I can do to make all 5 remain in “Domain networks” ?

2) The two VM’s in VPG 1 below update the A record in DNS with their new IP address but 3 VM’s in VPG 2 don’t. I have to manually change the A records on the Domain Controller for them. How can I make them update automatically?

3) When performing a DR test and failing over 2 VPG’s is it possible to select the boot order of the 5 VM’s?

Thanks

-These are updating DNS on DC
    Windows 10 VM (Client) – VPG 1 – Guest or public networks
    Windows Server 2019 (Domain Controller) – VPG 1 – Domain networks

-These aren’t updating DNS on DC
    Windows Server 2016 (SQL Server) – VPG 2 – Guest or public networks
    Windows Server 2012 R2 (Application Server) – VPG 2 – Guest or public networks
    Windows Server 2012 R2 (File Server) – VPG 2 – Guest or public networks

You must be logged in to create new topics. Click here to login