• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated April 19, 2018 by Steve B.

Zerto for IBM Cloud

• Hi everybody,

I am looking for more information regarding the implementation of Zerto for IBM Cloud, because I have not found any technical document that mentions the guidelines, installation, or quickstarts. I understand that it is quite based on the implementation of Zerto for VMware but I am not clear about what I could need resources on IBM Cloud. Anyone who has already had some Zerto experience on IBM Cloud?

Regards,

Hi Roberto,

Zerto can be automatically deployed on IBM Cloud if you deploy either the VMware vCenter Server or the VMware Cloud Foundation offerings that are available within the IBM Cloud portal. By choosing either of these you then have the option to select Zerto to add it to the deployment automatically. Once it is deployed you should then be given the ZVM access details where by Zerto can be configured as if on any other platform.

If you don’t choose either of those IBM Cloud offerings and instead decide to build your own Hyper-V or VMware deployment on bare metal within IBM Cloud you can still utilise Zerto, and the opex billing offering, but you will need to install Zerto yourself. If you haven’t done this before, I can assure you it’s very straight forward!

Please let me know if you have any questions or would like more info, more than happy to help further!

Thanks,

Steve Blow

Senior Solution Engineer

Tagged: 
You must be logged in to create new topics. Click here to login