• This topic has 11 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated June 6, 2022 by .

KB3033929

• Any one ran into an issue with Windows 2008 R2 SP1.  While trying to install 4.5 to document upgrade to 5.0 I am running into an issue where the installer says that KB3033929 is missing where when I go to look for it it is there and registered.  Any ideas

Hey Bret,

I can confirm that KB3033929 is a requirement based on:

https://www.zerto.com/myzerto/knowledge-base/zerto-virtual-replication-4-5-zerto-virtual-manager-os-requirements/

Have you tried rebooting the ZVM since the patch was applied and then tried the upgrade again? If this doesn’t work then I recommend opening a support case to troubleshoot further. Thanks,

Joshua

I have also hit this issue when installing 5.0 on Server 2008.

I have the same issue.. any updates?

I am running into the same issue. I am trying to install Zero 4.5u10 on Server 2008R2 SP1. I get the alert saying I need to install this KB patch… yet when I go to install it, it is already installed.

Has anyone made any progress on this?

So I had no luck finding an answer to this issue, but I was constantly running into strange situations where I was trying to uninstall these updates, but they were not found. The server thought they were installed but it didn’t look like they were installed. I did recall some issues doing the Windows Updates for the server. Rather they trying to track down the missing files, I simply redeployed a new server. I installed the .NET Framework 3.5.x feature, downloaded and installed KB3033929 and KB 2864202 manually. Then I installed .NET Framework 4.5.2 from the Zerto download, then finally installed Zerto. This worked. I then went through to apply the rest of the Windows Updates.

Hopefully this helps some people.. but if anyone finds a fix to the original issue, please post.

Hello Everyone,

For those customers experiencing this issue when attempting to deploy ZVR 4.5 on a Windows 2008R2 virtual machine please contact our Zerto Support Department (https://www.zerto.com/myzerto/support/) to discuss potential work around’s for the error you’re receiving.

For customers who are looking to install ZVR 5.0 on a Windows 2008R2 virtual machine please note that in ZVR 5.0u1, which is currently GA, this issue has been resolved. For reference please review the ZVR 5.0u1 release notes (http://s3.amazonaws.com/zertodownload_docs/Latest/Zerto%20Virtual%20Replication%20Release%20Notes.pdf) starting with page 5.

Thank you,

Shaun

Just had this exact same problem. KB3033929 is not *explicitly* installed (which is what the Zerto installer wants), but it is installed in spirit because it was superseded by the October 2016 Windows rollup (and all subsequent rollups). The Zerto installer will not let you proceed until it can see the 3033929 patch registered, even if you’ve since installed a later patch which obsoletes it. So if you’ve leapfrogged it by deploying one or more of those cumulative rollups, the fix I found was to uninstall those first. In the Windows Update history, you can see these installed rollups (e.g. January 2017 Security Monthly Quality Rollup) and get the KB numbers. Then you can uninstall those updates by finding the KBs in Programs & features, View installed updates. if you uninstall them in reverse order all the way back to the October 2016 one, you should then be able to install KB3033929 without Windows telling you it’s already installed. You can then redeploy the most recent Monthly Quality Rollup that you want; you’re back at the same patch level, only now 3033929 is listed as explicitly installed and the Zerto installer will proceed. (Worked for me!)

You can confirm the explicit presence of this patch both before & after by running this from an elevated command prompt:

dism /online /get-packages | findstr 3033929

Adrian L

the fixes are

• migrate to Windows 2012 or superior
    • run command installation and skip kb indicated – important – this can be run only if you are sure you have the kb installed – I knew because I installed manually but I was getting the error.

run this

“Zerto Virtual Replication VMware Installer.exe” -SkipKbValidation=1

Hello Everyone,
    For those customers experiencing this issue when attempting to deploy ZVR 4.5 on a Windows 2008R2 virtual machine please contact our Zerto Support Department (https://www.zerto.com/myzerto/support/) to discuss potential work around’s for the error you’re receiving.
    For customers who are looking to install ZVR 5.0 on a Windows 2008R2 virtual machine please note that in ZVR 5.0u1, which is currently GA, this issue has been resolved. For reference please review the ZVR 5.0u1 release notes (http://s3.amazonaws.com/zertodownload_docs/Latest/Zerto%20Virtual%20Replication%20Release%20Notes.pdf) starting with page 5.

Thank you,
    Shameek

You must be logged in to create new topics. Click here to login