• This topic has 13 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated March 8, 2018 by Nick S.

MSI Error Code

• Hi… I’m doing the zerto installation. But, in the end of the installation I have a error message “MSI error code : -2147023293”

I try to search in google, but have not found anything to solved my problem.

Does anyone have the same experience? … or anyone can help provide solutions?

Thank’s before

Tagged: 

Please perform the following to remedy this issue:

1. Navigate to %windir%\\Installer
    2. Within this folder, you will see a bunch of MSI files with random names. Locate the MSI of ZVM by checking the details in the properties of the MSI file.
    For 4.5u3 – The size of the MSI should be 14,959KB
    3. Download the following MSI file: https://zerto.box.com/s/xauxbgv7fdrjkojzmxkc6fogqvnw0y2n
    4. Rename the downloaded MSI to have the same name of the MSI found in step #2.
    5. Replace the MSI in the %windir%\\Installer folder with the customized MSI you’ve just renamed.
    6. Run ZVR 5.0 upgrade.

Thanks
    Gal Oz
    Zerto Support

Tagged: 

Hi Deni P,

Could you please open a support ticket for this? We have seen this just a couple of times, and there are possibly a couple of changes you can make on your machine to resolve this.

Thank you,

Harry

Follow me: www.twitter.com/HarrySiii
    Tagged: 

We had the same error and contacted Zerto Support with the followin reply. This worked for us.

1. Navigate to %windir%\\Installer

2. Within this folder, you will see a bunch of MSI files with random names. Locate the MSI of ZVM by checking the details in the properties of the MSI file.

For 4.5u3 – The size of the MSI should be 14,959KB 3. Download the following MSI file: https://zerto.box.com/s/xauxbgv7fdrjkojzmxkc6fogqvnw0y2n

4. Rename the downloaded MSI to have the same name of the MSI found in step #2.

5. Replace the MSI in the %windir%\\Installer folder with the customized MSI you’ve just renamed.

6. Run ZVR 5.0 upgrade.

Tagged: 

Please note that this solution applies when upgrading from 4.5u3 to 5.0u1 – for other versions please contact support and we will provide with different instructions.

Tagged: 

One fix to this issue that I’ve seen and validated is when you are installing or upgrading:

On the “Windows Service User” page of the wizard, when you enter the account name, don’t use this format: account@domain.com.  Instead, use domain\account.   I got stumped by this early on with my first upgrade from 4.5 to 5.0 and then on a fresh install of 5.0U1.  It was just luck that I found the problem I was having.  I hope this is helpful for others.  🙂

IT Professional with focus on VMware Virtualization and BCDR solutions.
    Tagged: 

Gene T‘s solution worked for a recent customer of mine as well.

IT Systems Engineer | VMware | SharePoint | Zerto
    Tagged: 

Thank’s All for your attention, I already closed this issue with following answer from Gal O 🙂

Tagged: 

Thanks for the update, Deni!

Thanks Gal and everyone else for the helpful replies! I’m glad we were able to capture this here. 🙂

~Harry @HarrySiii

Follow me: www.twitter.com/HarrySiii
    Tagged: 

Same error with update 5.0 to 5.0.21.2

“MSI error code : -2147023293”

Does the solution from Torben J work with this new version?

Tagged: 

This worked from 5.0 Update 1 to 5.2 Update 1

Here is the flow of actions you should follow for resolution:

1. Navigate to %windir%\Installer on the ZVM VM.
    3. Within this folder, you will see a bunch of MSI files with random names.
    locate the MSI of ZVM by checking the details in the properties of the MSI file.
    For 5.0 – The size of the MSI should be 20,196KB 4. Download the following MSI file: https://zerto.box.com/s/9vr1wxwsnw5useg3xb3rqs7urrvvafqf
    5. Rename the downloaded MSI to have the same name of the ZVM MSI found in step #3.
    6. Replace the MSI in the %windir%\Installer folder with the customized MSI you’ve just downloaded and renamed (save a Backup of the old MSI).
    7. Run ZVR installer

Tagged: 

Hi I have someone that is going from 4.0 and uninstalling to reach 5.0 on a reinstall.. I have the MSI error but I need to know which MSI to replace. There is no size described for the 4.0 version. Does someone have an answer?

Tagged: 

Hi Samantha,

What MSI error did you hit and do you have the install logs?

Tagged: 

I had this same issue just now. I was low on disk space and freed up some GB and installer went fine. It then went on to calculate disk space requirements and passed through.

Tagged: 
You must be logged in to create new topics. Click here to login