• This topic has 10 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated April 2, 2021 by Guy A.

zerto 8.0 u4 support esxi 7.0 u1 ???

• zerto 8.0 u4 support esxi 7.0 u1 ???http://s3.amazonaws.com/zertodownload_docs/Latest/Zerto%20Virtual%20Replication%20Operability%20Matrix.pdf?cb=1603476056

Hi Wischard,

Based on page 9 of the interoperability matrix that you linked, ZVR 8.0U4 is compatible with ESXi 7.0U1.

Best,

Guy

thanks

vCenter 7.0u1 is supported but as per page 10 ESX 7.0 and 7.0u1 are not yet supported by any version of Zerto.

I have asked this exact question to my technical account manager this morning. when I hear back I will let you know

Listed under Site Settings it shows ESXi 7.0 & 7.0.U1 and that it’s compatible with zerto version 8.0.U4.

I wonder then if this is just a documentation issue?

Yeah, looks like a documentation bug. Will need to inform our AM & PM team.

Hi everyone,

I’d like to close the loop here.

Our Interoperability Matrix has recently been updated with the latest information regarding our product’s compatibility with vCenter and ESXi.

vCenter 7.0 is fully compatible with ZVR versions 7.5U3 and above (including 8.0 & 8.5 and their updates).

vCenter 7.0U1 is fully compatible with ZVR versions 8.0U3 and above (including 8.5).

With regards to ESXi, we’ve released a field notice, detailing that the only versions of ZVR compatible with ESXi 7.0 and 7.0U1 are 7.5U4p2 (ESXi 7.0 ONLY), 8.0U4p1, and 8.5U2.

I hope this clears up any uncertainties.

Please feel free to let us know if any clarification is needed.

Best,

Guy

While not explicitly stated, but implied, esxi 7.0U1 requires  8.0U4p1 or  8.5U2 ?
    Can we expect a future 7.5u4p3 that might support esxi 7.0u1 , or is it definite it will NOT appear, or TBD ?

Hi Michael,

As per my message above, ESXi 7.0U1 is only supported by ZVR 8.0U4p1 and 8.5U2.

Also, I’m not aware of plans to release a patch for 7.5U4 to add compatibility for ESXi 7.0U1, although I also can’t rule it out.

Thanks,

Guy

You must be logged in to create new topics. Click here to login