• This topic has 5 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated July 15, 2020 by Oscar J.

Increase VPG journal limit

• Hi,

How can I increase the journal size for a VPG? I don’t see the advance option in edit VPG anymore?

Getting the following alert:
    The journal for VM XXXXXXXX in VPG XXXXXXXX has reached its configured limit of 1048576 MB. Older checkpoints might be removed and the journal history might be reduced to make space for new data.

Thanks

Hello,

You can configure the Journal hard size limit on the Edit VPG>Replication tab>VM Settings.

Once you will raise the hard size limit and new checkpoints will be taken, that alert will clear.

Hi,

I’m not seeing that option. Don’t have VM settings in the replication tab. This is v7.

Please see the picture:

View post on imgur.com

Thanks

Hello David,

I wasn’t aware of the fact you are replicating to a public cloud.

on public clouds, the journal hard size limit is allocated due to usage and with a limit of 1048576 which equals 1TB.

I Will update that post in case I find any workaround to that limitation.

Hello David,

You can find the tweaks below to update the journal’s hard size limit.

The size is an example of 2TB.

t_overrideJournalHardLimitValueInMb=2097152
    t_vraSizeOfAwsJournalMB=2097152
    t_initialJournalLimitInMB=2097152

In order to apply the tweaks kindly follow the instructions below:
    <p style=”margin: 0in; font-family: Calibri; font-size: 11.0pt;”>1) Login to the ZCA machine.</p>
    <p style=”margin: 0in; font-family: Calibri; font-size: 11.0pt;”>2) Stop the ZVM services.</p>
    <p style=”margin: 0in; font-family: Calibri; font-size: 11.0pt;”>3) Open the tweaks.txt file found in \Program Files\Zerto\Zerto Virtual Replication\.</p>
    <p style=”margin: 0in; font-family: Calibri; font-size: 11.0pt;”>4) Edit the file so you provide the below tweak on its own line:</p>
    <p style=”margin: 0in; font-family: Calibri; font-size: 11.0pt;”>5) Save the file.</p>
    <p style=”margin: 0in; font-family: Calibri; font-size: 11.0pt;”>6) Start the ZVM services.</p>

Hello,

I had the same issue this morning about VPG has reached its journal limit.

How do i know of how much i have to increase the size of the journal limit?

Thanks

Oscar

Tagged: 
You must be logged in to create new topics. Click here to login