• This topic has 10 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated July 9, 2019 by Justin N.

Issue with Zerto API to get Datastore details

• I get 404 error when issuing the below APIs.

Are they no longer supported ?

https://zvm_ip:port/v1/datastores

https://zvm_ip:port/v1/datastores/{datastoreIdentifier}

Hello – This is still present from the version where it was introduced in the product. Presuming you are on that version or later, this API should be responsive. — Justin

It does not work, Justin.

Here is the request and response:

REQUEST

GET https://172.17.12.200:9669/v1/datastores HTTP/1.1
    x-zerto-session: 49435e45762c5ef21f17201b0e2980971c9c6106
    Content-Length: 0
    Host: 172.17.12.200:9669

RESPONSE

HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
    Cache-Control: no-cache
    Content-Length: 1720
    Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
    Server: Microsoft-HTTPAPI/2.0
    X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff
    Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2019 08:52:12 GMT

<?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”utf-8″?>
    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC “-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN” “http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd”>
    <html xmlns=”http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml”>
    <head>
    <title>Service</title>
    <style>BODY { color: #000000; background-color: white; font-family: Verdana; margin-left: 0px; margin-top: 0px; } #content { margin-left: 30px; font-size: .70em; padding-bottom: 2em; } A:link { color: #336699; font-weight: bold; text-decoration: underline; } A:visited { color: #6699cc; font-weight: bold; text-decoration: underline; } A:active { color: #336699; font-weight: bold; text-decoration: underline; } .heading1 { background-color: #003366; border-bottom: #336699 6px solid; color: #ffffff; font-family: Tahoma; font-size: 26px; font-weight: normal;margin: 0em 0em 10px -20px; padding-bottom: 8px; padding-left: 30px;padding-top: 16px;} pre { font-size:small; background-color: #e5e5cc; padding: 5px; font-family: Courier New; margin-top: 0px; border: 1px #f0f0e0 solid; white-space: pre-wrap; white-space: -pre-wrap; word-wrap: break-word; } table { border-collapse: collapse; border-spacing: 0px; font-family: Verdana;} table th { border-right: 2px white solid; border-bottom: 2px white solid; font-weight: bold; background-color: #cecf9c;} table td { border-right: 2px white solid; border-bottom: 2px white solid; background-color: #e5e5cc;}</style>
    </head>
    <body>

<p class=”heading1″>Service</p>
    <p xmlns=””>Endpoint not found. Please see the service help page for constructing valid requests to the service.</p>

</body>
    </html>

Hi Lydia – presuming you are on a version of this software with this API (Zerto 6.5 update 2 and above only as versions before 6.5 update 2 do not have this API; I do not think you have mentioned the version you are working with) I would recommend opening up a support ticket to troubleshoot further. — Justin

when i click on Zerto Web client -> About I get this version information

Zerto Virtual Replication

Version 6.5 Build 065004930

Guess this is the lower version ??

Hi Justin , Zerto 6.5.0.930 is the validated version being used in our team. Can you confirm if this has upgrade 2 ?

That is likely the case – I think the build number would likely look like 0652XXXX. Another way to verify is in the hamburger button in the top right of the GUI, if you click on ‘help’ it will bring up a locally served version of the documentation; in this locally served copy, the full list of available API endpoint docs will be listed. I think it is very likely that the datastores API will not be there – if it is not, upgrading to a later version that does have this API should make it available. — Justin

hi Justin below is the REST API intro page from the local help of the ZVM. I dont find datastore API. So that confirms it is not supported in this version… am i right ?

=============================================================================

Introduction to the Zerto Virtual Replication Restful APIs

The Zerto Virtual Replication RESTful API enables you to manage Zerto Virtual Replication programmatically. The REST APIs provide a way to automate many of the tasks required to manage DR, without having to use the Zerto User Interface.

The following topics are described in this section:

¦ Using the APIs

¦ Managing VPGs

APIs are available both to return status information and to perform actions, such as a failover. The REST APIs are used for the following:

¦ Start and end a session. See below, Using the APIs and “Session API”, on page 82.

¦ Return a list of available Zerto Virtual Replication v1 REST APIs. See Listing the Available APIs and “/v1/ API”, on page 30.

¦ Return information about Zerto Virtual Replication alerts. See “Alerts API”, on page 31.

¦ Dismiss or undismiss an alert. See “Alerts API”, on page 31.

¦ Return information about Zerto Virtual Replication events. See “Events API”, on page 48.

¦ Return information about the local site where the API is run. See “Local Site API”, on page 72.

¦ Return information about the peer sites for the site where the API is run. See “Peer Sites API”, on page 74.

¦ Perform pairing the current site to a peer site. See “Peer Sites API”, on page 74

¦ Perform unpairing the current site to a peer site. See “Peer Sites API”, on page 74

¦ Return information about service profiles. See “Service Profiles API”, on page 80.

¦ Return information about tasks run at a site. See “Tasks API”, on page 85.

¦ Return information about the hypervisor site where the API is run and the paired hypervisor sites and as well as information about the resources at a specified site. See “Virtualization Sites API”, on page 95.

¦ Return information about protected virtual machines. See “Protected VMs API”, on page 103.

¦ Return information about VPGs. See “VPGs API”, on page 110.

¦ Perform actions on a VPG, such as creating, failing over, cloning, testing, or deleting a VPG. See “VPGs API”, on page 110.

¦ Manage VPGs. See “VPG Management API”, on page 136.

¦ Return information about VRAs. See “VRAs API”, on page 206.

¦ Perform actions on a VRA, such as installing, editing, or deleting a VRA. See “VRAs API”, on page 206.

¦ Return information about ZORGS. Described in “ZORGs API”, on page 219.

¦ Generate a resource report about the virtual machines being protected to a recovery site. See “Managing vCD APIs”, on page 233.

The information returned by these APIs refers to what is managed by the Zerto Virtual Manager where the API is run.

=============================================================================

That’s correct – you likely need to upgrade to a later 6.5 version (the latest is update 4) or to 7.0 (latest is update 1) in order to have access to this API. It was not implemented in the code version you have installed. — Justin

Hi Justin,

Until we upgrade the Zerto version , can we rely on Powercli responses to “Get-Datastore” cmdlet , that give datastore information ?

Does Zerto use power-cli internally ?

Hi Lydia – that cmdlet is part of VMWare’s provided set of cmdlets in their PowerCLI product. I am confident that the responses provided by it are as expected, however will not have any context to Zerto. Zerto does not use powercli in the software that is installed as we program against the API via the provided SDKs from vmwares ISV program. — Justin

You must be logged in to create new topics. Click here to login