• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated May 1, 2019 by Justin P.

Creating VPG using REST API

• Hello,

I am attempting to create a VPG that uses VMWare for the protection site and AWS for the recovery site.  When I am attempting to submit the JSON it is telling me that I need to supply the Failover DefaultNetworkIdentifier and the FailoverTest DefaultNetworkIdentifier.  I have searched and read through all of the documentation, however, I cannot figure out what the values should be for the AWS networks that I would like to use.

I created a new VPG in the GUI and exported the settings for the new VPG and the values are both Null for these two values in the vpgSettings object that is returned.

Can someone tell me how I am supposed to create a VPG that uses VMWare for the protection site and AWS for the recovery site using the REST API?  I am using python.  I can switch to Powershell if necessary.  Ultimately I just need to know how to get the Network Identifier for AWS networks.  I already know how to do the rest.

Thanks,

Fred

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Fred,</p>

currently the create vpg settings api does not support public cloud sites. So programmatically creating VPGs to Azure or AWS is not possible.

shoot me a note about use case / more details at jp@zerto.com and I’ll pass it over to product. There is a feature request open for this, but I’ll have to Chad k the timeline with product.

Tagged: 
You must be logged in to create new topics. Click here to login