• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated March 21, 2019 by Justin N.

One-To-Many with PowerShell

• Hi, I am looking to do a powershell migration of a VM from our current datacenter to a new datacenter. This works with a VM that is not already protected, but I am looking to set up on-to-many replication using powershell for VMs that are already protected in a group. Is there a way to do this with the powershell commands from here (https://www.powershellgallery.com/packages/ZertoModule/1.0.8) or another PowerShell method?

write in private

Hi Chris – The module you linked is community supported so I cannot comment in much detail as I am not familiar with them.

Having said that, the VPGSettings API is used to manage each VPG individually. One-to-Many VPGs are each considered single, independent protection groups each with their own single unique recovery site. Considering, each would be displayed as a single unique VPG ID usable in the API. Many users from our community interact with the Zerto REST API via the Invoke-RestMethod which is available in powershell without the need for any additional module or software I believe. I hope this information is helpful! — Justin

You must be logged in to create new topics. Click here to login