Day 3 at ZertoCON 2017: Balvenie Release, API Sessions, Crystal Ball Panel
Sadly, yesterday was the last day of ZertoCON 2017 here in Boston… but before we wrap up for this year, there’s still plenty to share to keep us all entertained and informed!
Our keynote Wednesday morning was given by our VP of Product, Rob Strechay, offering some insights into the Zerto Virtual Replication product roadmap and sharing some of our future goals for development.
We had the pleasure of being able to give a sneak peek into our upcoming release this summer – currently named Balvenie – and a big feature in particular that so many of you have been waiting for. That’s right, we’re very proud to announce that the next release of ZVR will feature replication and recovery FROM Microsoft Azure!!!
Organizations are now able to fully realize the potential of hybrid cloud with complete application mobility across on-premises and public cloud infrastructures. There are a number of other features, enhancements and improvements that will be included in the release and over the coming weeks, we’ll be providing you with more details of those as well.
The breakout sessions running throughout the day were proving as popular as ever, with extra focus on how to best utilize some of the myriad cloud options available to help achieve IT Resilience. We had additional sessions on APIs again which were just as packed out as yesterday (automation has become one of THE hottest topics this year), along with a number of partner and customer-led sessions that provided some great insights into how organizations are utilizing Zerto in their own, unique ways. Some great info and real food for thought came out of these sessions!
Our afternoon keynote was again something rather special. Our guests had a very rare opportunity to hear from not just one, but three different analysts – 451 Research, Forrester and Gartner, all in the same room! They looked into their crystal balls to discuss the future of IT and how they see technology developing over the next few years, as well as how organizations can and will look to leverage those technologies on the journey to achieving IT Resilience. It was an incredibly informative discussion with some great input from the audience as well as the panel.
To close out the day, we had to take the opportunity to show our gratitude to the thousands of customers and partners that support us here at Zerto on our own journey to enabling a world of uninterrupted technology. The awards were very, very well deserved and you can see this year’s list of winners below.
- Zerto Advocate: Presented to individuals who have gone above and beyond to evangelize on Zerto and its products. Winner, customer: Matt Vanderpool, Capitol Federal; winner, reseller: John White, Expedient
- Master of Disaster: A customer that has used Zerto Virtual Replication to recover from a catastrophic event and save the day when all hope seemed lost. Winner: Tom Kerrigan, Dotwell
- Innovation: A customer that has used Zerto technology outside a typical BC/DR use case. Winner: Kronos
- Collaboration: Presented to a partner that exhibited extraordinary teamwork with Zerto to make a project a success. Winner: Microsoft
- Rising Star: A partner whose marketing, sales or branding makes them mover and shaker in the Zerto ecosystem. Winner: IBM
- Reseller of the Year: A reseller that has driven exceptional levels of revenue, market share and growth through their Zerto BC/DR business. Winner: Trace3
- Cloud Partner of the Year: A cloud partner that has driven exceptional levels of revenue, market share and growth through their Zerto BC/DR business. Winner, Worldwide: iland; Europe Middle East & Africa: Exponential-e
- Engineering Death Match: Winner: Jeff McKaughan, Network Engineer II – Val Verde Unified School District
So, as they say, that’s a wrap! ZertoCON 2017 has officially come to an end… but no need to be sad as we’ll be back again next year! ZertoCON 2018 will be held here in Boston from 21-23 May next year, once again in the historic Hynes Convention Centre. Registrations are open already so get in quick and reserve your spot at next year’s premier business continuity conference!!!