Homepage Zerto Jobs – Pre-Sales Engineer
Zerto Jobs – Pre-Sales Engineer
Sales Engineer – Boston, MA
As a member of our Zerto Sales Engineering team, you will provide technical support to qualified prospects who are working to evaluate and potentially deploy Zerto solutions and related tools.
- Conduct and facilitate product demonstrations through WebEx
- Conference calls discussing prospective business fit with Zerto software products
- General support of sales team from a technical aspect to drive team based selling
- Installations of software trials and working with the customers and the account executive to ensure that the customer purchases the software following the trial.
- Support pre & post sales issues including but not limited to:
- Validating and supporting agreed upon ‘proof of concept’ with prospect
- Providing written & oral instruction on the usage of the products
- Recommending best practices for different customer environments
- Supporting/training Partners and customers
- Attending trade shows as needed
- Some on-site customer visits with limited travel (majority of time will be in the Boston, MA office.)
- Interacting with Architecture team to ensure the product fills customer requirements and communicate these requirements and findings to the product management team
- Experience with VMware products/infrastructure – particularly the vSphere family
- Understanding of storage concepts, architecture and storage platforms (i.e. SAN/NAS/DAS)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to explain technical solutions and concepts to non-technical people
- Good practical understanding of datacenter architecture
- Previous experience in a Pre-Sales Engineering position.
- BA/BS, preferably in a Computer related field
- Working knowledge of Microsoft (Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2003), plus x86 platforms, devices, and networking
Highly Preferred Skills
- Experience in working with development organizations in a new product introductions role
- Knowledge or familiarity of real-life IT environments
- Experience in administration of SAN environments
- Technical certifications (VCP, MCSE, CCNA, etc.)
- UNIX kernel diagnostics/debugging
- Experience with operation and administration of Windows Server 2008 and/or Windows Server 2003 systems
- Decent practical working with and administration of Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, or DB2 databases
- Strong Linux or UNIX administration skills & familiarity with the installation and configuration of Linux or UNIX operating systems & setup and operation of TCP/IP networking on Linux or UNIX systems
- Enterprise level administration, recovery, and configuration
- Ability to test and setup customer like computing environments for demo/troubleshooting purposes
- Understanding of computer and networking hardware
- Network routing, configuration, etc.
- Modern, energetic working environment
- Opportunities for professional growth and promotion – Zerto employees who demonstrate high performance and commitment will have the opportunity for career development and advancement.
- Salary ranges depending on skills and expertise – with base salary + bonus for achieving goals.
- We offer a competitive health plan, 401k, and stock options.