Zerto Virtual Replication — Disaster Recovery for Public, Private, and Hybrid Clouds
Zerto Virtual Replication enables production workloads to easily leverage the benefits of hybrid clouds, private clouds, and public clouds by automating the ongoing management and maintenance of customer environments. True cloud disaster recovery (DR) — with production workload mobility between private and public clouds — is now possible with ZVR. As disaster recovery services are an onramp for enterprises into the cloud, cloud DR is an essential piece of CSP service offerings, and is driving wider cloud adoption.
Features for Cloud Service Providers Looking to Offer Disaster Recovery:
- Single automated solution that provides data protection and workload mobility both ‘to the cloud’ and ‘in the cloud’
- Zerto Cloud Manager (ZCM) manages customer resources and service levels across physical locations and provides a single, centralized view.
- Zerto Self-Service Portal (ZSSP) quickly integrates into existing CSP portals to speed the availability of DR services to customers with a 100% multi-tenant solution, so each customer controls only their own workloads
- Service profiles (or SLA Templates) enable CSPs to define service offerings based on the recovery objectives of their customers
- All of the core technology and functionality (full list below) you need in a DR solution, including software-only, simple and fully virtual-aware disaster recovery
Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery for the Cloud Era
Enterprises of all sizes are looking for the cloud, be it public, hybrid or private, to become part of their BC/DR solution. However, Cloud Service Providers still have a significant technology gap to bridge if they want to offer cloud disaster recovery solutions to their customers.
Cloud DR Solutions
Zerto Virtual Replication is the industry’s first hypervisor-based replication solution, a new replication technology purpose-built for virtual environments. Zerto offers cloud providers all the features and functionality required for building an enterprise-class, cloud-based Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery (BC/DR) offering, including:
- 100% VM aware — replicates specific VMs regardless of LUNs
- Multi-site — ability to support multiple customers with one instance of Zerto Virtual Replication
- Multi-tenant architecture — with full integration into VMware vCloud Director enabling simplified and centralized management while ensuring security
- Array agnostic — replicates from any storage to any storage
- Software only — no capital expenditures, no changes to environment
- Remote, simple install — installs in hours without onsite support
- Offsite Backup — continuous data protection for up to 5 days worth of data, with the ability to retain daily, weekly, and monthly copies of data at the replication site
- vCloud Director integration — seamlessly protects and recovers vApps
- Automated recovery — one-click recovery, including VM/vApp creation and network configuration
- Comprehensive testing — automated, immediate failover testing and validation
- vCenter to vCloud replication — replicates between vCenter and vCloud environments
- Enterprise-class BC/DR and CDP — continuous replication, low RTO/RPO and journal-based, point-in-time recovery
- Full API — integrates with proprietary cloud management systems
- Workload migration — migrates workloads to the cloud and in the cloud
- WAN optimization — built-in WAN compression and application policies
Over 100 Leading cloud providers have made Zerto their standard BC/DR technology, providing both DR-as-a-Service and Cloud disaster recovery.
DR to the Cloud and Protecting Data in the Cloud
As a cloud service provider, your customers trust you with their most valuable asset, their business applications and data. They expect the cloud to provide them with all the data protection and disaster recovery options they need, including ensuring their business continuity in the case of the cloud itself malfunctioning. DR to the cloud and in the cloud needs to be granular enough to enable protection of specific VMs, automate change and onboarding processes and enable flexible management of shared infrastructure.
Cloud Based Disaster Recovery from Zerto — The Cloud BC/DR Platform
Zerto Virtual Replication is an innovative hypervisor-based replication software solution, built to enable Cloud Service Providers to offer DR to the Cloud in cloud environments as well as virtualized environments. By moving replication from the storage level to the hypervisor, Zerto eliminates the constraints of storage-based technologies, achieving the flexibility and scalability your customers expect from the cloud, whether it is public, private or hybrid. Zerto also provides a robust replication solution which includes continuous data protection with the ability to retain backup copies at the target site.
Cloud Based Disaster Recovery Features in Zerto Virtual Replication Include:
- Multiple site support: Zerto supports bi-directional replication across as many sites as the infrastructure requires. Combining this feature with multi-tenancy delivers a true, cloud BCDR solution.
- Native multi-tenant architecture: With Zerto, replication from multiple sites to one shared infrastructure, without networking conflicts, is simple. Additionally, manage the entire environment with one management infrastructure — no duplicate entities are required — ensuring simplicity and flexibility.
- Hardware-agnostic replications: Zerto Virtual Replication is completely storage-agnostic and is able to replicate from any storage to any storage. This enables enterprises and CSPs to deliver BC/DR at a dramatically reduced price.
- Seamless integration with no environment changes: Zerto is installed in two hours or less and does not require any configuration changes.
- Centralized management: Independent of how many sites the enterprise has or how many customers the CSP has, Zerto is able to leverage a shared infrastructure. With Zerto, the CSP can report and act on all customer environment from a central console.
- Offsite Backup: ZVR uses information that is replicated for disaster recovery purposes and leverages it for backup. It moves backup operations from the production environment to the replication site, dramatically reducing the overhead on production workloads. ZVR also enables backup to public clouds and disk shares.
- Deep VMware vCloud Director (vCD) integration: Zerto Virtual Replication is integrated with vCD and has full awareness of vCD entities, including virtual data centers, vApps, networks, datastore settings and more. This integration enables and automates the protection, failover and failback of applications to and from vCD, all managed centrally.
- Zerto is built for scale: Whether the environment has a few VMs or thousands, Zerto can scale to effectively support it.
Contact us today to learn why top cloud providers choose Zerto’s software for their business continuity and disaster recovery needs.