Zerto Widens Technological Lead with Zerto Virtual Replication 3.0
Enables Automated Disaster Recovery for Every Workload — from Small Branch Offices to Enterprise Environments and Cloud Providers
VMWare Partner Exchange, Las Vegas — February 26, 2013 — Zerto, rapidly becoming the standard for disaster recovery in virtualized and cloud environments, today introduced Zerto Virtual Replication (ZVR) 3.0, which brings simple, automated disaster recovery to all virtualized workloads at the VM-level. Whether those workloads are mission-critical or tier-two applications; local or remote branch office scenarios; one VM or thousands; based in virtualized data centers or hosted in clouds, Zerto Virtual Replication offers 100 percent assurance that all workloads are protected and can be consistently recovered.
Zerto Virtual Replication 3.0 widens Zerto’s technological lead in the two areas where Zerto already excels: enterprise-class disaster recovery that is 100 percent reliable, and virtual-aware recovery that is easy to manage. New enterprise features include robust DR capabilities for branch offices, a parallel recovery feature to quickly recover large applications and a new ‘test-before-commit’ function.
Zerto Virtual Replication is also utilized by more than 100 service providers in the Zerto Cloud Disaster Recovery Ecosystem (ZCE) in order to build out their disaster recovery offerings. Service providers in the ZCE include iland, Peak 10, Bluelock, BT Engage IT and Verizon Terremark. Two new components of ZVR 3.0 for CSPs include the Zerto Self-Service Portal (ZSSP) and the Zerto Cloud Manager (ZCM). The ZSSP integrates quickly and seamlessly into a CSP’s existing portal, accelerating time to market for disaster recovery services. The ZCM provides a single view of a customer’s data, even if they are leveraging physical resources across several locations, eliminating manual coordination.
“Leveraging Zerto technology, cloud service providers can cost effectively and quickly stand up new recovery in cloud services while leveraging existing shared infrastructure without requiring changes to either the source or the target environment. Zerto has a technology advantage and is well positioned to capitalize on the next wave of virtual replication,” said Laura DuBois, Program Vice President Storage, IDC.
New enterprise features include:
- Remote Office / Branch Office (ROBO) support: Standardize protection across the organization with support for branch offices, delivering the same tight SLAs of the main office.
- 100 percent assurance for DR testing: New ‘test-before-you-commit’ capability delivers comprehensive recovery.
- Parallel recovery feature accelerates large application availability.
New Cloud Service Provider features include:
- Zerto Self-Service Portal (ZSSP): Offer mission-critical protection quickly and easily with a SSP that integrates into the existing infrastructure with little to no effort.
- Zerto Cloud Manager (ZCM): A centralized management point for CSPs to get a complete view of disaster recovery customers across multiple sites. This feature is also useful for enterprises building private clouds.
- vCloud 5.1 seamless integration: Native support for vApps, Storage Profiles, Org Networks, Provider vDC and more.
- VMWare vCloud Automation Center (vCAC) integration: The only disaster recovery solution for vCAC environments.
Demonstrations of Zerto Virtual Replication 3.0 will be available at VMWare Partner Exchange (PEX), booth #709, February 25-28. To reserve a demo please stop by during the solutions exchange or contact email@example.com.
Developed exclusively for virtualized and cloud environments, Zerto is rapidly becoming the standard for disaster recovery and business continuity in the modern data center. The company’s award-winning solution, Zerto Virtual Replication (ZVR), is the industry’s first hypervisor-based, virtual aware, data replication software, offering simplicity and greatly reduced operational and maintenance costs compared to legacy array-based replication. ZVR received ‘Best of Show’ at VMworld 2011, as well as 2012 and 2011 ‘Product of the Year’ Gold Awards. For more information, please visit: zerto.com.
How does Zerto power cloud Disaster Recovery services? Watch the Video.
Social Media Links: